Newbie from New Bern, NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarbourHops

Reaction score
Here we go...
My wife and I purchased a starter kit yesterday and began our first batch last night. Really excited about this new hobby that we can share together. Can't seem to get her interested in turning wrenches on my jeep but she seems to be real excited about this. Great for me because WOW there seems to be a lot of ways to mess up a batch and knowing me I'll probably find a good many more that I haven't even read about yet. But between the two of us, all you good people out there, and You Tube videos I believe we can make this happen. Anyway, wish us luck and cheers to all.

Best of luck!! It's a great hobby for sure! There ARE a lot of ways too mess up a batch, but beer is also very forgiving, so don't be too quick to dump a batch!!

Welcome to the forum! My wife wasn't interested in my CJ so I ended up selling it. Still not interested in brewing, but it keeps me around the house!

Welcome to the hobby, and the group, from CO :mug:

While there are ways to mess up and not make great / fantastic beer, making bad beer is rather hard- get down the basics and good beer is easy and fun.

If you have the passion, you'll make a great beer sooner or later. :mug:

Cheers, from Brevard, NC.

I live up the road from you... Not far from Sam's club in Winterville. I just started home brewing 6 weeks ago. My wife got me a kit as an anniversary gift. There's going to be something going on in New Bern on Nov. 1 at the homebrew store on airport rd ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413387567.664538.jpg I think I may go. I began enjoying my first batch 2 weeks ago. Did I do everything perfectly? No. Did I try? Yes. Was it still deliciously rewarding? Yes!

I have batch #2 in the primary right now. Relax and enjoy the process. You will not do things perfectly and you will still have a tasty brew when all is said and done. My second batch, my rubber stopper went right to the bottom of my wort-filled carboy. Oh boy! I found a conversation on this site that put me at ease and I did have a backup stopper.

Back