Newbie from Indy.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madd Hopper

Reaction score
Newbie to the site but not brewing.

I happened upon this site by accident while looking for some recipe info and thought I'd hang out for a little while.

I've been brewing a few years now and prefer the partial mash method and am still stuck in the dark ages as I still bottle instead of keg...:cross:

Currently in production are my annual Pumpkin Ale and Hard Cider which were just bottled last weekend along with a Barolo wine and Metheglin Mead whic hare still in the fermenters and will be for a while.

Anywho, that's me. I look forward to meeting you all.

By the way, anyone try replicating the Sam Adams Tradition Ginger Honey Ale? :drunk:

-Daniel

I used to live in Indy. In fact, I grew up there on the southwest side.

I'm still using bottles too, in fact I think I like the flavor and fizz better in bottled beer.

Funny that you mention a ginger brew. I'm trying to find a reciope for a high alcohol ginger brew. All of the sites I've went too only have recipes for the "kiddies"

If you knopw anything about that please share.

Welcome MH. You'll find that a lot of us are still bottling. I don't have anywhere to keep the kegs cool so for right now, I'm still a bottler.

Thanks for the greetings.

I don't think a ginger beer would be too hard to make. I was thinking along the lines 3lbs LME, 2lbs crystal malt (20L), 5lbs of Wildflower honey (maybe less), with 1.5oz of fresh pureed ginger and some lemon zest added to the primary. I'm not sure of the hops but am inclined to use Willamette for the bittering and aroma at 15 and 2 minutes...

I digress as this is probably more suited to a recipe forum. :mug:

Todd,
I used to be stationed in Va Beach and sort of miss the Old Dominion.

We have a few people here from the VA Beach/Norfolk/Hampton area. VA is nice, I've been here for 2 1/2 years and decided to stay. I lived in upstate NY for 7 years before VA and I grew up in Jersey.

Back