Newbie brew pot question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajlee

Reaction score
I did some searching and did not find the answer to this. I'm new at this (currently first DME batch is in the secondary). I am looking to buy a new brew pot, but I am looking at a 9 gallon since I am pretty sure I will eventually get into all grain.

I am looking at the 9 gallon pots on homebrewing.org and they offer versions with one weld and two welds. I assume these are for draining the wort after the boil, but why would you want two? What would the second one be used for, is it worth having?

Thanks!

I imagine they'd be for the valve for draining. They can also have provisions for sight glasses & temp guages.

homebrewing.org's kettles have fittings one on top of the other. It's not useful for a sightglass, but it'd be useful for a temp gauge/probe. Another one closer to the top would be good too for a return.

Thanks for the info. It would be cool to be able to have a temp gauge there. I guess I'll be going with the two weld.

Latest posts

Back