Newb trying to name my Brewery...Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordofBeers

Reaction score
So I am new to the forum and Home Brewing. I am looking for help in naming my brewery. I currently live in Las Vegas, but prefer not to use that as a basis for the name. My last name is Lord, but that might be too religious sounding? I absolutely LOVE Stone Brewery's name and logo. Would love something cool like that. And I like the sound of words referencing anything crazy (Asylum, Headcase, Deranged, Delirious, etc). Also like names refering to times of the prohibition (Corrupt, Bootlegger, Blind Pig, Speakeasy, etc). I am a Chef and even thought about using that as a reference.

Please help, I have zero creative ability when it comes to this.

I'm bad about coming up with names too, but when I picked mine, I made a list of the things I cared about the most. Dogs, Family, etc. My educational background and job are focused around physics and mathematics, which mean a lot to me. I decided to stick with the physics/math theme and wen't with Infinity Brewing.

Try making a list, throw some stuff around. If you come up with something and you don't like it, you can always change it later.

It has been 3 1/2 years for me, I'm writing a business plan to go pro, and I am still without a name. I've had about 50 so far. I am very picky about these types of things.

Good luck though! Oh, and don't use Blind Pig, Speakeasy, Bootlegger, or Delerium. :) Already been done. I think Asylum, too.

Deranged Bootlegger Brewing Company, Lord Delirious Brewery, Lord of the Damned Brewing Company?

Whew, I'm tired. Think I'll grab a home brew and watch some football! :drunk:

My thoughts run like 'The Lord's Beer Brewing Company' A hint of being religious sounding, but suggests that you can't do any better than this.:mug:

edit: Or perhaps 'The Lord's Brewing Company'.

The name doesn't even have to make sense, either. My buddy and I came up with Goat Head Brewery. Doesn't really have any kind of significance, or really make any sense, we just thought it sounded cool, so that's what we named ours. I swear some breweries just put up a board with a bunch of words on it, throw some darts and call it good. You could give that a try lol

March Hare Brewing

or

Round the Bend Brewery

or what about

Five Pack (as in one beer short of sixer)

Good luck brother

Lord's Asylum
Lord has connotations of "king", as well as being your last name. It's not necessarily religious.
And then with asylum, yeah there's a connotation of craziness, but an asylum is also a sanctuary... Kind of like you find your sanctuary inside the crazed bottle of homebrew you created.

Back