Newb from MW Boston

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goon

Reaction score
Hello All

Well I am a newb to the forum and to brewing. I have watched and enjoyed taste testing my buddies hombrew for the last year. I decided to give it a whirl myself. I am an architect by trade but a beer drinker and a BBQ'r in my off time. I am also renovating my house DIY style.

I look forward to pestering all of you nice people with stupid questions and pictures of my victories and failures.

See y'all around the forum!

:mug:

hey Framingham State grad here.

living in the warmth now but still have family up there.

welcome to the boards and happy brewing!:mug:

Well I am not from Framingham, but CT actually. Moved to Mass several years ago after college at Roger Williams University in RI. But I am a life long New Englander!

Goon said:
Well I am not from Framingham, but CT actually. Moved to Mass several years ago after college at Roger Williams University in RI. But I am a life long New Englander!

I'm coming up to MA the week between Xmas & New Years. Let's get together for a couple 'o beers.

"Yankees" Connecticut or "Red Sox" Connecticut?

TheJadedDog said:
I dunno how I missed this earlier, but welcome from your neighbor to the south.

I have spent some time in Providence while in college. Man I could go for a junkyard dog from Spikes and some Atomic eings from across the street at wings to go right about now..

Goon said:
Hello All

Well I am a newb to the forum and to brewing. I have watched and enjoyed taste testing my buddies hombrew for the last year. I decided to give it a whirl myself. I am an architect by trade but a beer drinker and a BBQ'r in my off time. I am also renovating my house DIY style.

I look forward to pestering all of you nice people with stupid questions and pictures of my victories and failures.

See y'all around the forum!

:mug:
Hey Goon, I'm South, Ma. in Attleboro's...Been brewing for 2yrs now; great Hobby & U can't buy better beer, except maybe "GUINESS"...My Nephew Drew(Master Electrician) & I (Building Contractor) now make 2-5gal batches @a time...Still can't make enough to satisfy us & others...Great Christmas Gifts to all who like BEER...Bruce

Hey Goon, I'm South, Ma. in Attleboro's...Been brewing for 2yrs now; great Hobby & U can't buy better beer, except maybe "GUINESS"...My Nephew Drew(Master Electrician) & I (Building Contractor) now make 2-5gal batches @a time...Still can't make enough to satisfy us & others...Great Christmas Gifts to all who like BEER...Bruce

Providence ?

Great coming of age movie called "Outside Providence" -- VERY funny, set in the seventies

Holiday greetings from Attleboro! Have you been to Owens or John Harvards yet? My better half frequently brings home a growler or Owen's stout and it's very yummy!

Welcome!

Hoppin_Hill Brewery said:

That's awsesome. Great way to keep the family connected! I just came home with the brew kit and make my first beer this weekend. Probably a pale ale or an amber ale. Next year my brother in law, father in law, uncle, heck all the guys in my family are getting a bunch of beer from me for gifts.:mug:

paulthenurse said:
Hey Toben,
Welcome to HBT from Stoughton. Keep in the loop, we do get togethers from time to time. Get together, drink and brew. Mostly in that order.

Paul

I will definitely keep in the loop. My buddy(got me into this crazy hobby) lives in Mansfield so I am down that way often. Thanks for the welcome!

Melana said:
Holiday greetings from Attleboro! Have you been to Owens or John Harvards yet? My better half frequently brings home a growler or Owen's stout and it's very yummy!

Welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome. There is a John Harvards not 10 minutes from my house. They do have some great beer there.

bigjohnmilford said:
Welcome Goon, glad to see another brewer in Mass. Good luck with your brewing and other projects.

Thanks, I look forward to my newest and funnest hobby. I will keep you all posted as I make it through my first round of brewing, fermenting, and bottling!

Back