New Year's Eve Plans!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella_tigre

Queen of the Upper Mississippi
Reaction score
So we're going to do a Chicago NY celebration, which we did years ago and still find it was one of the best ever. So this year, going to stay down town, but get some time with some beloved relatives NYEE, see some sights, shop a bit, eat and drink way too much, and hopefully do NYE at a club two blocks from our hotel. Yeah!

Where are you going to be NYE? Home, away, hopefully with some friends and/or family?

Hope you all have had a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Gud Jul, Happy Kwanzaa, Joyous Solstice, Crazy-ass Saturnalia, whatever your gig is!

:goat:

I belong to the local Lions Club. We host an annual NYE pig roast/potluck/dance. I live in a very remote rural community along the Candian border. There are about 250 residents, scattered around an area of about 250-300 sq. miles. About 200 of those folks show up, from babies to 90-year-olds. A good time is had by most.

Mark

We'll be staying at home...might even make it to midnight. I may try to take advantage of everyone sleeping off their night and get out Monday morning to do some ice fishing, as this cold snap should provide plenty of local, safe ice.

We are having 4 couples come over for the night. Oysters, wings and red hot dogs on the fire bowl. 4 beers and 1 cider on tap.
Lots of Goody's powders and Tums for the next day

Home... Gonna try to trick the kids into "East Coast New Year's" and get them in bed at 9, and then kick back for a more adult NYE with my fiance... Not that I think we'll make it to midnight lol.

Home... Gonna try to trick the kids into "East Coast New Year's" and get them in bed at 9, and then kick back for a more adult NYE with my fiance... Not that I think we'll make it to midnight lol.

Hey, congrats!

No big plans here. Maybe tinkering with some meads I'm working on.

So we're going to do a Chicago NY celebration, which we did years ago and still find it was one of the best ever. So this year, going to stay down town, but get some time with some beloved relatives NYEE, see some sights, shop a bit, eat and drink way too much, and hopefully do NYE at a club two blocks from our hotel. Yeah!

Where are you going to be NYE? Home, away, hopefully with some friends and/or family?

Hope you all have had a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Gud Jul, Happy Kwanzaa, Joyous Solstice, Crazy-ass Saturnalia, whatever your gig is!

:goat:

My practice of many years now is to relax at home and retire early enough to sleep through the new year............ Going to sleep in 2017, and waking to the first day of 2018, starting the new year well rested clear eyed, and without a hangover.

H.W.

We're supposed to be going to a HUGE wedding reception, but I'm already dreading it. I used to love big parties, but now the idea of spending the evening with 500 people sort of makes me cringe. I'm probably going to come up with an excuse by Sunday, but we'll see...........
I'd rather have my family over for dinner and enjoy them. And then send them home.

We're supposed to be going to a HUGE wedding reception, but I'm already dreading it. I used to love big parties, but now the idea of spending the evening with 500 people sort of makes me cringe. I'm probably going to come up with an excuse by Sunday, but we'll see...........
I'd rather have my family over for dinner and enjoy them. And then send them home.

Well, there is a lot of flu going around. ;)

I belong to the local Lions Club. We host an annual NYE pig roast/potluck/dance. I live in a very remote rural community along the Candian border. There are about 250 residents, scattered around an area of about 250-300 sq. miles. About 200 of those folks show up, from babies to 90-year-olds. A good time is had by most.

Mark

And...with -20°F temps, snow, blowing snow, and no snow plowing until Tuesday (the county don't do overtime, especially on a holiday weekend) the NYE festivities are postponed.

The band is available March 17th. I guess a bunch of Norskies and Polacks will celebrate the driving of snakes from Ireland instead of ringing in the New Year.

Such exciting plans... I volunteered to wash dishes at my boyfriend's restaurant. It may not be super fun, but it's the only way we could ring in the New Year together, and I wouldn't have bothered to make plans anyway. And they do have some really great beers on tap (already looking forward to some Elvis Juice) :rock:

Swmbo’s bday is 1/1 so NYE is always her call. Having a few friends over for dinner then another 10 or so over for drinks and desert. Off to the store for ingredients now.

My practice of many years now is to relax at home and retire early enough to sleep through the new year............ Going to sleep in 2017, and waking to the first day of 2018, starting the new year well rested clear eyed, and without a hangover.

H.W.
Well, we're not planning on a hangover, thanks! Usually we eat a nice homecooked dinner, might last til 11 and celebrate with the east coast, then go to bed. This trip was partly an excuse to visit the cousins and rumble around chicago. It is pretty darned chilly this year, so no lake front strolls or zoo visits! Popped into some Mag Mile shops to chortle at the prices. WTH buys a little cable knit sweater for $900, which btw was clearance priced from $2400? Even if it was cashmere?

Just pitched on a blonde.

Yeast into an ale, that is.

Now, Fiance and I are making steak, nachos, and cookies.

Happy New Years, HBT!

Back