New to Homebrewing in Charlotte NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkovalik

Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Jason. In short, I live in Charlotte NC, with my wife, my 22 month old son, our 9 year old lab/something mix, our 4 year old Argentinian Mastive mix, our 1 year old cat, AND our 6 year old cat that just came home from being missing for 9 months...

I work in Call Center operations, and pretty much enjoy life...

With that said, home brewing is something I have been thinking about for a while, and finally decided to start doing as a hobby craft hobby that I could enjoy doing, and enjoy drinking...

I decided to start small (no didn't buy a Mr. Beer Kit). I actually started with a 1 gallon bottle of Cider. I chose cider, because I really like cider, but also because the more I read, the more this seemed like the best way to ease my way in, learn some of the science behind home brewing, not sink a TON of money into my first time out of the gate, and yet not buy a kit that wouldn't be upgradable...

I started that batch on Saturday... and my pantry (it's stored on the top shelf) smells like an apple pastry... :cross:

So that's me, I am looking to get into brewing beer next. Trying to get a line on some inexpensive equipment and buy as I go.. so I suppose I will see you all around the boards.

Greetings and welcome to the hobby! I've been at it for a few months now and jumped in head first and quickly progressed to doing my first all-grain batch last month. I also have a propane burner for sale for $25 if you need one to get started with. It is like new, only used a couple times.

burner.jpg

Back