New to forum.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hops Malt

Reaction score
Hi, I am pretty new to brewing with only a couple of extract brews under my belt. I want to switch to all grain brewing and have thought about purchasing a Robobrew version 3. The cost seems reasonable to me. I do 5 gallon batches and can’t see doing anything larger at least in the foreseeable future. I thought this was the best place to find out if I am on the right track. Any help is appreciated.

Welcome to HBT. Sorry, but I've never used Robebrew so can't help much. I do know somebody who uses it and is very satisfied.

Welcome to the forum ! Your gonna find mixed results with everything under the sun . I cant say anything on Robobrew since I dont use one . I do use a Grainfather . Same concept . It has a small footprint and works great .

Welcome to the forum ! Your gonna find mixed results with everything under the sun . I cant say anything on Robobrew since I dont use one . I do use a Grainfather . Same concept . It has a small footprint and works great .
Thanks for the welcome. I agree there are always mixed results but I think the Robobrew is in my near future.

With any of these things it is really up to you how hands on you want to be. Many of us enjoy the processes involved with brewing. Others want to add ingredients and press a button and forget it until done.

in either cas, find what works best for you. And welcome to the forum.

Brand new! I haven't bought any equipment yet, Research and guidance. Retired cop. Love IPA's. tired of paying 10bucks a six-pack..

Brand new! I haven't bought any equipment yet, Research and guidance. Retired cop. Love IPA's. tired of paying 10bucks a six-pack..
Ultimately you may find out that making beer is not necessarily a money saving hobby.

But it can be if you purchase ingredients in bulk.

Ultimately you may find out that making beer is not necessarily a money saving hobby.

But it can be if you purchase ingredients in bulk.

Ha agreed. I started with a 5 gallon kettle and a bucket. Then a 10 gallon kettle and two buckets. Now I have a 30 gallon boil kettle, 30 gallon mash tun, 9 glass carboys, 2 20 gallon fermenters, 4 kegs.... Good thing my wife also likes beer.

That being said, I enjoy the beer I brew a lot more than a $10 six pack.

Last edited:
Back