New to brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bitsmith2k

Reaction score
hey guys, i'm fairly new to all this just have a couple of questions for ya..

i dont have an outdoor cooker (yet) so i'm forced to use the stove top. the only problem is that i cant get water to boil in my 32qt pot.. i've got a 16qt pot that i can get to boil with no problems.. i've tried both with 3gal of water..

if i were to follow plamers recipe for cincinati pale ale, would i be ok do 2 boils in my 16qt to get me to around 4gals, then get another 2.5gal boiling for my extract and hops, to make the wort.

also his recipe calls for 3-4lb. pale malt extract syrup (unhopped) and 2lbs of dry malt extract.. would i use both? if so do i add them both at the same time?

thanks
mike

Yes it's fine to boil in two pots.
If you're happy with the water you don;t have to boil it all. I used to boil 2 gallons, add the malt then add 3 gallons of unboiled at the end.

Yes some recipies use liquid and dry malt extract. You could change it to all dry or all liquid. (Dry needs 20% less than liquid)

Back