New to Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry about that.
I have never been a beer drinker. But when the people around you only drink Coors Light, that is understandable. (Actually I don't consider them beer drinkers anymore either.)
I have always found brewpubs to be really amazing places with the best beer. Unfortunately there are none close by. My husband and I have been watching "Three Sheets" and "Drinking Made Easy" and it sparked my interest even more. After watching "Beer Wars" I really wanted to try and see what we could come up with, so I asked my husband for a kit for my birthday last month. He was more than happy to oblige and to continue to find more things he thinks we should have have. (now it's a kegging system and our first batch is still in the fermenter)
I'm seeing lots of great info and looking forward to learning a lot!
So What is in the carboy right now is Midwest Supplies Irish Red Ale. It is about 10 days from the boil and I can't wait to bottle it :)

Exciting isn't it? My first batch had me hooked and it was a frankenbeer. I figure if they sent the wrong hops and it can still come out that freakin' tasty then this is a hobby that I'm just going to drown in ;).

My only regret is that I didn't save any beer to drink while the current batch is fermenting/aging etc. *sigh*. Foresight, I swear I'll have some this time ;).

Welcome to the obsession.
Your husband is a wise man to want to go straight to kegging. Bottling is a real hassle. You'll also need a couple more fermenters so you always have beer ready to drink.

My husband and I have very diverse interests. Since we've started brewing, we have a lot more to talk about! We sit on the porch every night, sampling our brew and planning on what we will make next. It really has become an obsession!

Obsession, yes. And I can see more fermenters in the future already. You guys have great insight here. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Back