New to all grain, software?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewerJase

Reaction score
So I've been brewing extract kits for the last year and a half. It's been a good time with excellent results. I'm now making the jump to all grain. Getting all the equipment together and soaking in the never ending information I read here.
I'm wondering about brewing software. Any recommendations? Is software a big help or just a luxury? Any insight would be great.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Congrats on the jump. IMO, some sort of software is critical. Manually calculating mash and sparge volumes, preboil gravity, etc. would be a major PITA. I highly recommend Beersmith. It does everything you need and more. Check out the free trial and compare it to something like Brewer's Friend, which is also good.

I have never used anything other than Beersmith and never will. I am sure that there are other great programs out there but Beersmith does more than I will ever use it for. Check out the free trial, if you like it it's only $20 or so well worth it.

Back