New Spike 20G Solo Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmezz

Reaction score
This has been fun. I've put together a Spike Solo 20G system with the Blichmann Brewcommander controller, More Beer 5000 watt SlingBlade, and Riptide pump, all on the Solo table. Having the chiller and pump attached to the table is a great convenience! I'm downsizing from a 3 vessel propane rig, and way too happy not to worry about having enough propane around to brew. I'm having the electrical work done now and should be brewing this weekend or next. I should have cleaned up before snapping the pics :p

IMG_3580.jpeg
IMG_3579.jpeg

It allows to split the pump output between the whirlpool and the sparge inputs for increased efficiency. I have read from a few brewers that it helps. Hopefully, I can verify that soon. I've been a little to busy to do my first brew on this.

It allows to split the pump output between the whirlpool and the sparge inputs for increased efficiency. I have read from a few brewers that it helps. Hopefully, I can verify that soon. I've been a little to busy to do my first brew on this.
Interesting. What do you do with the secondary line when you transfer to the fermenter? I'd assume you not want to recycle wort back into the kettle. Just close off the valve and remove the T then run 1 line out? I've never seen that setup so it def makes me curious

Interesting. What do you do with the secondary line when you transfer to the fermenter? I'd assume you not want to recycle wort back into the kettle. Just close off the valve and remove the T then run 1 line out? I've never seen that setup so it def makes me curious
Exactly. I just close the right side off (there's a ball valve there), remove the hose by the QD and connect it to the fermenter, and transfer.

Scratch that- I would connect a hose at the chiller output to the fermenter. Sorry- too much multitasking today :p

Back