New Sparge Arm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigsnake

Reaction score
spargearm.jpg

Just built tonight out of CPVC. Drill is charging to get the holes in it. See how it works out tomorrow. Was cheap to build and I have some extra pipe so it might get redesigned.

Nice it looks like a smooth flow. Are the fittings glued? you could probably drill the fittings also.

The fittings are glued but I don't think I need anymore holes. The valve on my HLT wasn't open that much and the arm was keeping up with the flow very nicely. At low rates it makes very small drops of water. It'll probably help my bed temp out a LOT if I make it so the lid can by on while this is in operation.

When I rebuild this with a new design, I think I'll put even fewer holes in it.

Looks good, I currently batch sparge, but that looks like a pretty inexpensive yet effective way to get into batch sparging. Have you used it yet? Let me know how it works out for you in production.

Looks good, I currently batch sparge, but that looks like a pretty inexpensive yet effective way to get into batch sparging. Have you used it yet? Let me know how it works out for you in production.

I have used it:
bamabrewday3.jpg

Work very well. I'm thinking of redesigning it so that it will operate with the lid on though. I'm going to wait until my new thermometer comes in so I can test it out again.

Back