New set up malfunction!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klug

Reaction score
Got a new brew kettle/burner and I was a little too "warm" on the previous batch that I had made :) . Well some how I ended up with about 4ish gallons instead of 5. Oh well. So I get it into a 6.5g fermenter bucket. I wasn't too comfortable with the head space in said bucket so I racked into a 5g carboy after 2 days. There is no visible activity present (its been 6 days). Now should I pitch some more yeast or just let it be? Not too worried but I wouldn't mind salvaging this batch.

Thanks in advance!

It's definitely fermenting, I through some yeast in there today. It will either be awesome or gross, I'm not too worried.

at this stage, unless you need the fermenter ( and it sounds like you don't ) i'd just let it go and try it. draw off some of the wort after fermentation, when you're ready to bottle/keg. if it's nasty, throw it out; if not, happy drinking :mug:

Back