New recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teufelhunde

Reaction score
So, I did a new extract recipe from Austin Homebrew, and it came with Lalbrew Nottingham yeast. I have never used this yeast before, and when I opened the pack, I didn't like what I smelled, just didn't smell right to me, but the package was undamaged and the vacuum still intact, so I pitched it anyways. 24 hours later, no airlock movement at all, so I am starting to be a bit concerned. I wake up the next morning(about 40 hours after pitch) to what is in the attached video, so I guess I am OK, huh :p

Attachments

• VID_20220104_223644907.mp4
    12.1 MB
Nottingham is a beast. It flocculates like a brick too when it’s done. I use it for many of my ales. I’ve never had it take that long to start however.

Notty is a good yeast. I'm experimenting with a batch now .. Under pressure* with no temp control. I cooled the wort well below 60 and sealed it up. The house is about 68. I'm pretty confident that this will go well as all my experience with Notty has been good.

* I play Queen tunes for the beer as it ferments. The yeast sings the "um be be de" part.

Back