NEW PRODUCT. Hardwood mash paddle from Nor Cal Brewing Solutions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We had a boatload of people asking in the store why it was we didn't make or offer a hardwood mash paddle. Well we started working with a brewing buddy of ours here locally to create a great mash paddle and we are selling them fairly cheap.

These are CNC cut and then hand sanded, soaked in water to raise the grain, sanded again and then soaked and sanded for a second time. These are tight grain and smooth as silk (just a saying :) )

Check em out and let me know what you think.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/Maple-Hardwood-Beer-Brewing-Mash-Paddle-36-inch.html

Cheers
Jay

Jay, I have a question regarding a false bottom for a 15 gal. boil kettle. It measures approx. 17 3/4" across. Does the false bottom have to be that exact size to work properly or is there some room for error? Your recommendation is appreciated.

Jay, I have a question regarding a false bottom for a 15 gal. boil kettle. It measures approx. 17 3/4" across. Does the false bottom have to be that exact size to work properly or is there some room for error? Your recommendation is appreciated.

If this is a system that is going to be integrated and the stand is welded to the false bottom then absolutely its ok to have a gap as the stand is going to act as a secondary filter. IF the false bottom NEEDS to be hinged you are going to want it to be really close but again not 100% tight is needed as the stand will act as an extra filter still but just not as complete as the integrated systems.
I would suggest checking out my YouTube video on how to measure for your custom false bottom

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJWLNzqRWhQ[/ame]

Its a quick watch and really easy to come up with a spot on measurement for your kettle no matter the geometry of the kettle design.

Cheers
Jay

Not sure if its you guys finding us on Amazon but HOLY COW! I had no idea there was such a need for a lower cost option. Thanks for all the orders.

Cheers
Jay

Back