New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Galaxy/Citra IPA
3ECC7B05-54BB-4211-832F-087A153C5AE5.jpeg

A special thanks to our forefathers. Because of them, we enjoy the freedom of being able to legally brew our own beer, right in our own homes.
View attachment 678111
That pic was from the ending of Prohibition. As far as legally brewing at home, that law was passed by Bill Clinton a little more recently.

That pic was from the ending of Prohibition. As far as legally brewing at home, that law was passed by Bill Clinton a little more recently.

None the less... without the end of prohibition, we wouldn't be enjoying beer legally today.

Momma taught me, good things come to those who wait. Boy was momma ever right. Brewed December 26th 2019. 6.3% ABV Dunkle Bock. No screen licking now, we don't want you to catch "the virus" but... can you smell the malty sweet chocolate over there?
IMG_20200430_202240779.jpg

Finally some proper spring weather to ring in the weekend. HB blackberry saison is getting clearer as it sits in the keg. Kicked back on the front lawn for a bit before dinner. Needed that.View attachment 678344

Right at 100° here today, and I spent half the day on my roof rehabbing one of my swamp coolers that hasn't worked in 2 years. Now it's time to kick back with a brew!
:mug:

DIPA. Unsurprised by the lack of clarity as I used a modified version of my NEIPA grist; am surprised by the color as the only remotely dark malt i used was about 7oz caramel steam (40L). Tastes great though with mosaic and Idaho gem.
20200502_162726.jpg

Last edited:
Love kellerbiers!
One of these days I need to do some reading on where to even start with making one

Nothing to complicated, you can make a “Keller” version of just about any German lager. Starting with a Helles or Pils and simply serving young and unfiltered and you got yourself a Kellerbier:mug:
My inspiration is Victory Brewing Company’s Braumesiter Pils, one of my top 5 favorite beers.

Back