New pH probe reading 7.03 no matter what I'm testing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h22lude

Reaction score
My old probe for my MW-102 died. Bought a new SE220. Tried testing it out this morning but it reads nothing but 7.03 no matter what I test. If I put it in 4.01 solution, it reads Ec, telling me the solution is not correct. If I put it in my tap water, it reads 7.03 as well. Is there anything I can try to correct this or don't bother and return it?

I can't because the probe always reads 7.03. When I try calibrating it using 4.01, my MW102 gives me Ec error code, which is wrong calibration solution, because the probe is always reading 7.03

The probe is probably shorted. You will probably see the same value if you short across the inner and outer contacts of the METER’s BNC connector. Perform that test and if it too reports 7.0 or thereabouts, the probe is defective.

The probe is probably shorted. You will probably see the same value if you short across the inner and outer contacts of the METER’s BNC connector. Perform that test and if it too reports 7.0 or thereabouts, the probe is defective.

Sorry for my ignorance but can you explain that to me? Am I supposed to touch the inner and outer contacts on the MW102 itself with no probe attached to see if it reports a similar number as if the probe were attached?

Probe is defective. I called Milwaukee and they are sending me a new one at no cost to me. Really good customer service.

Back