New O-ring fits kind of loose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abledsoe

Reaction score
I got my first keg last night and am currently cleaning it up for use. Most of the o-rings that came on it seem to be in fine shape. The only one that was bad was on the CO2 diptube. That diptube is plastic FWIW. I put the new o-ring on it and it seems very loose, it will fall off if not held in place. I double checked all the new o-rings that came in the pouch and it is the smallest of the o-rings. Also, the o-ring that came off of that diptube seemed flat and had squared edges, it wasn't rounded off like the new ones. I don't know if it was just that way after lots of use, it was pretty mangled looking. I just don't want to set myself up for a CO2 leak.

Thanks for any help!

It will be fine. I have one keg with a plastic gas tube and replaced its square-profile o-ring with the standard round-profile rings I've used on my other 13 kegs and it works perfectly...

Cheers!

Back