New Mower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlarnold

Reaction score
This past weekend I won a World brand lawn mower from the local volunteer fire department. Ive never heard of this brand and was wondering if anyone knew if it was worth keeping or if I should try and sell it to someone else and get the ticket price back.

Have never heard of them, but doing some quick research online, I'm pretty sure I've seen them in use - I'm not too sure the commercial lawn care company that does the lawn across from my office doesn't use them. I'd say unless you've got a brand-new mower already, it's probably worth trying out.

We got one earlier in the summer and have only used that one a handful of times so maybe I'll sell that one. The only thing I have been able to find on them is their website so I guess we'll see. Thanks for the input.

Little digging, you can find (short) discussions of them on lawn/turfgrass management forums. Kind of mixed reviews, general consensus seems to be they're okay for homeowner use, not as flashy or as well built as a Skag or Woods, but not as expensive either.

Chinese owned company, claim "Made in USA" (Beatrice, NE), but there does appear to be some question over how much is US manufactured, or is it just final assembly in Beatrice.

Back