• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New mexico: motorized barley crusher grain mill cart

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
This is a motorized barley crusher grain mill that I built for milling grain for homebrew. The mill is a barley crusher brand used only half a dozen or so times. The motor is an evaporative cooler motor with a 10:1 reducing gear box drive to run the mill at an ideal speed of 172 rpm. This thing works beautifully! The only reason I am selling is because I am building another one with a larger mill to handle bigger batches. save yourself time and work on brew day just load the hopper and flip the switch on! The cart is on casters for easy moving and there is a shelf on the bottom to place buckets and store grain. Im asking 300 obo. Local pickup only.View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1452369915.095570.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1452369927.197126.jpg

I understand this is sold, but could you point a guy who wants to build something similar in the right direction? I have the same mill, but would like suggestions on where to get a motor and gear box. Thanks.

Got the motor from an evaporative cooler, just a plain 110v ac 1725 rpm motor. Harbor freight sells something similar.. the gearbox is a 10:1 gear reduction. You can find them on ebay..

Back