New Member from Saint Louis

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

high5apparatus

Reaction score
Brewing since 2008. Went extract to all grain to extract back to all grain. I've got 10 original recipes I brew on a regular basis, some more than others, and sometimes I get crazy and try something completely different. Just put my recipes on BrewPrint, and the link is in my sig. I also enjoy making custom labels for all my beers and I get custom caps made by BottleMark dot com.

I love supporting all 19 of our local craft brewers and can usually be found at The Civil Life Brewing Company because it is in my neighborhood and my pit bull always walks me there.

My current set up is a 15 gallon ported kettle with therm and bazooka screen (use as a HLT), 10 gallon Rubbermaid cooler false bottom mash tun with sparge ring, and a 8 gallon ported kettle with braided stainless steel hop screen (use as boiler). I usually do 5 gallon batches, but the 15 gallon pot allows me to reverse the setup and do 10 gallon batches.

I have 6 cascade vines on the side of my garage that yield just enough hops every year to do one very fine fresh hop pale ale.

So far I've taught 2 people to brew who have gone nuts themselves and I wish homebrewing were like Amway; where I get a cut of all the money they spend on ingredients and equipment, and a cut of the same of anyone they teach to brew, and so on.

Back