New Member from Ft. Lauderdale FL.!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevemassey

Reaction score
Just wanted to check in and say hello to all the members!

Looking forward to getting started as a NOOB Home brewer, with only a couple of small 1 gallon batches under my belt so far.

I know many established brewers down here, and as a commercial real estate broker, I have been assisting experienced home brewers get into commercial brewery spaces for a few years now. Figured it was time to master the art myself, and eventually would like to open my own shop here in sunny South Florida!

Tons of room for growth down here, and I'm excited to put my vast restaurant cooking experience to the test on the home brewing side.

So much information on this forum, it's going to take a while to get through it, but looks like a great community of folks.

I'm setting up a brew day for this Sunday, getting a 3 gallon BIAB Kolsch going in preparation for the hottest part of the year. I will be adding a Bourbon Barrel aged Honey from Richmond VA into the wort to add that slight sweetness and to boost the ABV. Can't wait!

I will be leaning on the experienced members of this forum for advice, and happy to be part of the community!

Cheers! :mug:

I do not belong to the Hopaholics group yet, but I did send an invite to all of them for the Dangerous Minds Brewing tasting event last month through the moderator. Dangerous Minds are the guys that I'm opening a new Brewpub with in Pompano next Spring. (hopefully)

Stuart from SFL Hops is also active in many tasting events, so I talk with him often.

I should probably get a few larger brews under my belt, as I am working to get a bit more equipment for the larger batches now.

I would love to attend the next event tho, so please keep me in the loop.

Steve

Latest posts

Back