new Kegger, need some advice.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonGavlar

Reaction score
So I've just purchased a 3 tap kegerator that I'm very excited about. It will be my first time kegging.

However, It wasn't untill now that I thought about this..

What do I do when I have 3 beers all with different desired carbonation levels?

Was instance say I had an english brown kegged (which I like a very low carbonation level), a witbier kegged and a stout kegged. These would all require different carbonation levels.

If you just attach the the co2 to the in post, set the psi, and wait a week or two till its carbed wouldn't that mean that all 3 of my beers would have to have the same carbonation level?

Also I've read that the serving psi should be left the same as the carbonation psi, wouldn't that mean I'd have to attach and reattach the co2 from each keg to serve each tap at a different psi? Unless I had 3 co2 tanks.

I'm gotten myself very confused and would love some advice.

EDIT: I've just read about how different carbonation level in beers need different length beer lines? So does this also mean I need to have an array of different sized beer lines available to use depending on what I'll be carbing my beer at?

Thanks

Easiest way is to get a regulator with 3 outputs. They can be expensive but it'll do what you want

You can get multiple regulators. It is easy to connect them together. You can do 2 regulators and put a "Y" one one to run three kegs, as well. Personally, I have a three tap Keezer with three regulators.

When I put my kegging system together I wanted the option to burst carb a keg for quick turn around. I got a regulator with a dual output. One output is set set at 12PSI for serving the other is set at a higher pressure for burst carbing. However, both regulators have always been set at the same pressure. If all your beers need to be at a different pressure, you need one regulator for each keg. If you do that, you'll also need to vary the line lengths to get a good pour at each pressure.

A multi secondary regulator setup is what your looking for.
2016-12-17 16.07.21.jpg

Secondary regulators. 90% of what I brew are IPAs, so I didn't have that issue with my keezer build and used a distribution block. But I am eyeing secondary regulators as an upgrade.

Back