New Kegerator...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewProject

Reaction score
Bought a conversion kit from Kegconnection.com and the rest is history.

Now if I could just measure and space correctly... :tank:

doesn't matter to me, as long as it's functional... will be filling two kegs this Saturday :mug:

dcam3472mh3.jpg

dcam3473fg8.jpg

yup, i agree...

can't wait to get it up and running... tomorrow i get the C02 tank filled and will insure it holds pressure.

Saturday I will be putting an American IPA and a Holiday Special Ale in two kegs... Could be enjoying some keg beer with football on Sunday :mug:

I am in the process of putting together mine. I want to get it all done by Christmas. Bottling is a PITA but it is nice when you want to take some over to a buddies house.

I am in the process of putting together mine. I want to get it all done by Christmas. Bottling is a PITA but it is nice when you want to take some over to a buddies house.

yep, that's the only drawback with kegging.

the friends house i go to most brews with me and will still be bottling his, so i will drink his beer at his house :rockin:

just went out in the garage to look at my handy work again.

the faucets are cold on the outside of the fridge. this should work nicely !!! :mug:

doesn't prove i don't have any leaks, but when i pull on a faucet handle the remaining gas in the kegs is coming out... need some beer soon !!!!! :ban:

got my C02 tank filled today and i put the system under pressure. i quickly discovered a leaking keg. replaced the O-Ring, didn't fix it. unscrewed the pressure release valve and swapped it with another keg. Appears to be okay now...

We'll see if the system maintains pressure... :mug:

yea, i just went and checked it... looks like the keg that got questionable relief valve must be leaking. lost pressure pretty quick...

i've taken that keg out of the loop for now to see hold it holds...

looks like i need a new valve...

just talked with the keg connection and they were more than happy to send me out a new valve... :mug:

this morning, with 3 kegs connected and 30 lbs of pressure in the system i pull on each tap, two i hear C02, the third nothing :confused:

it appears the system is holding pressure so i don't know why i would not have gas in the third keg... i will have to look at it closer tonight after work, but i am wondering if the faucet is not working :confused: because if that's the case it was working yesterday....

like i said until i can get home and check it over some more i am just guessing on the faucet...

any ideas?

so this evening i go out and pressure is holding, but still no gas out of faucet three. i swapped the hose to another faucet. the offending faucet now became that faucet.

so i had determined maybe there was something wrong with the ball lock disconnect valve on that outlet hose. especially since the keg had c02 in it and it would release through the pressure valve when pulled up.

i was able to push down on the center pin of the ball lock disconnect and push air through it. hooked it back up to a keg with c02 and let go wide open, no problem at all...

could it have been clogged? i am pretty certain i had it well seated on the keg... and it did work initially, it wasn't til hours later it wasn't working. i wonder if it just needs a good cleaning...

so at the moment i now have 3 working and well sealed kegs... spare relief valve on the way...

Saturday two kegs get beer :mug:

i just got the 4 get kit from keg connection this tuesday and will be fitting out the fridge this weekend.
all my kegs have pressure so far.

i just got the 4 get kit from keg connection this tuesday and will be fitting out the fridge this weekend.
all my kegs have pressure so far.

cool, post a pic when you finish it up... :mug:

most people love their keg connection equipment. i am more than certain this pressure relief valve will fix the 4th keg and i'll be happy.

i just hope that ball lock disconnect stays clear and working... ;)

i was real pleased, the kegs are clean outside- just a pepsi sticker and inside no pop smell at all - their instructions just say to sanitize and you are good to go.

i was real pleased, the kegs are clean outside- just a pepsi sticker and inside no pop smell at all - their instructions just say to sanitize and you are good to go.

yep, mine are clean as well. no smells either...

Congratulations! Now for the struggle to not drink more often!;)

You may have just had a little sediment clogging the poppet in the liquid post.

Congratulations! Now for the struggle to not drink more often!;)

You may have just had a little sediment clogging the poppet in the liquid post.

thanks, i hope that's all it was...

it's already hard not to drink more with homebrew and a fully stocked bar at home :tank: :cross:

got it together last night
on the pic of the regulator - this is a new filled 20 lb tank - does it seem to be reading low?

also i assume you adjust the pressure to the kegs with the jam nut and screw.

i was going to fill each keg in turn with starsan, hook up to c02 and push through each beer line and tap - is this right?

on one keg the out poppet seems to leak - it wont matter with the connector on right?

do most of you force carb or use priming sugar?

kegerator 003.jpg

kegerator 004.jpg

kegerator 005.jpg

kegerator 006.jpg

got it together last night
on the pic of the regulator - this is a new filled 20 lb tank - does it seem to be reading low?

also i assume you adjust the pressure to the kegs with the jam nut and screw.

i was going to fill each keg in turn with starsan, hook up to c02 and push through each beer line and tap - is this right?

on one keg the out poppet seems to leak - it wont matter with the connector on right?

do most of you force carb or use priming sugar?

looking good. my regulator read about the same place your's is reading, right at the green scale...

that's how i set the pressure in my kegs with the jam nut and screw...

i santinized just like that, some idophor in the keg and then C02 to push it all the way out the taps...

are you speaking about the ball valve on the out side of your keg ? not sure if the connector on top of that will stop the leak or not...

i force carb'd the beer I put in my kegs this weekend. first off i hit the keg with 30 lbs of presure and leaked it out. did that 3 times to get the o2 out of the keg. at that point i wish i would have shaken the kegs and/or rolled them around as i read more surface area between the beer and C02 would cause the carbonation to act faster. i did shake them a little bit yesterday.

but for practical purposes i have carb'd beer now and it will just get better over the next couple days...

i am loving this keg set-up :tank: :mug:

carbonation is even better tonight, just in time for Monday Night Football.... :mug:

why i didn't start kegging before now is unexplained..., much nicer and easier than bottling...

and i swear i can tell the difference in taste forcing the carbonation VS. using corn sugar in bottles... the beer is much cleaner tasting :ban:

thanks for the reply.
i found the leak in the out poppet - the piece of plastic that supports the o-ring is 1/2 gone - hopefully keg connection will send a new one.

i learned you should check for leaks on a new system with water not beer though.....

the keg connection hooked me up with a new relief valve, call them up they should help you out...

tried again to leak test tonight - found a leak at the hose clamp on the fridge side of the tap shank:(
it has that weird clamp that you can't tighten - guess i will cut off tomorrow after i get a heavy duty gear clamp to replace it.
i thought keg connection tested this stuff-thats why i bought it assembled instead of piecemeal - oh well...

yea, most people speak highly of the kegconnection...

maybe their volume has caused them to not put as much into quality.

anyway, i got my new relief valve in the mail. went ahead and screwed into one of my spare kegs but haven't tested it yet.

and yes, those clamps they use are weird. no reusing them, huh ?

anyway, best of luck with your system.

my keg beer is fully carb'd now.

this one was poured without too much consideration and it spilled over a bit.

dcam3523yq3.jpg

this one was poured carefully and look at the carbonation :ban:

dcam3524hh2.jpg

so happy i converted to keg beer. the taste is better too. no taste from the priming sugar :mug:

keg connection does care about customers - they called me at work today to make sure they sent the correct replacement pieces out.
i appreciate that and will recommend them - every place can have a mistake - its how they correct it that counts - and keg connection did it right.
brewproject - your beer looks great - i will take a pull off mine this weekend and post a pic- i kegged bm's cream of 3 crops.

yea, i think keg connection cares about the customer too... i have no complaints with them...

looking forward to seeing your keg beer poured :mug:

first pour of bm's cream of three crops from the keggerator.
(well... not the very first but the first perfect one!)

its great how you can control the amount of foam with the tap!

can't wait to get the other taps flowing.

never thought i would say this but....

kegging rules!!!!!!!!

kegging 005.jpg

cheap drip tray:
1 piece steel 2x4 in the dry wall section $3.99
1 expanded steel paint strainer paint section $3.95
4 pop rivets $ .40
dab of silicone in the corners $ .50
2 L brackets from dollar store $1.00
velcro to hold tray to brackets dollar store $1.00
TOTAL........... $10.84

the tape is just on till the silicone drys

drip tray 005.jpg

drip tray 006.jpg

drip tray 001.jpg

drip tray 003.jpg

drip tray 004.jpg

first pour of bm's cream of three crops from the keggerator.
(well... not the very first but the first perfect one!)

its great how you can control the amount of foam with the tap!

can't wait to get the other taps flowing.

never thought i would say this but....

kegging rules!!!!!!!!

looking good and kegging does rule :rockin:

cheap drip tray:
1 piece steel 2x4 in the dry wall section $3.99
1 expanded steel paint strainer paint section $3.95
4 pop rivets $ .40
dab of silicone in the corners $ .50
2 L brackets from dollar store $1.00
velcro to hold tray to brackets dollar store $1.00
TOTAL........... $10.84

the tape is just on till the silicone drys