New Job!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superfluent

Reaction score
Sitting here having a hombrew contemplating my new job, tapping myself on the shoulder:D.

Last week, out of nowhere, the CEO at the company I left three years ago (to start my own buissness) called me up and asked if we could meet for a drink because he had some ideas he wanted to discuss with me. It turned out that his idea was to offer me a top position at the company! At first I felt it was way out of my league, but he insisted that I'd take the position so...

It took me a almost a week to get used to the idea of closing down my own buissness and going back to "the dark side", but I've decided to go for it just beacause it scares the hell out of me just thinking about it...

:mug:

H

Congrats! So are you now among those folks call the evil rich people? :D

Way to go! I bet it feels good to have hard work pay off like this.

I can't imagine working for someone else at this point. I bet that was hard decision but I bet at some point the headache just isn't worth i. Congrats. :mug:

I can't imagine working for someone else at this point. I bet that was hard decision but I bet at some point the headache just isn't worth i. Congrats. :mug:

Thanks. Bringing up your own buissnes involves lots of hard work and is a huge economic gable (at least it was for me) but if it takes off it's just the most amazing feeling of acomplishment.

At the time he called me I had just reached a point where I had fullfilled all my goals that I set up when starting the buissness and I knew I needed to either take it to the next step (expanding/ hiring people) or risk getting boored with it.

I'll not close down the buissness completely, but I'll tone it down a bit and "let it simmer in the background" for now.

H

Congrats! So are you now among those folks call the evil rich people? :D

I don't know about rich, but evil -definitely;)! Nah, it's not like I'll be picked up with a stretch limo or anyhing like that. I'll be the CTO (Chief Technical Officer) -usually an acomplished engineer that they dress up in a suit and a tie that they tighten so hard it completely stops any blood ever reaching his brain again:).

I'll propbably just take the bike as usual and I don't have to wear a suit at work (thank god!).

H

Back