New Jeep!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why don't they make a diesel Wrangler?
This question has baffled automotive enthusiasts for decades. I bet they would have put the Liberty CRD in if it wasn't for the emissions crackdown the very next year.

Nice snow pics Bedlam, every time we get like a foot of snow I throw a shovel in the back of my MJ and go looking for cars to pull out of ditches.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. Wade, I love that Wrangler pic...too bad you had to unload it.

Every vehicle I've ever owned has been manual transmission, but it might bite me in the ass with the Jeep, given the pervasive issue. I feel like there will be a recall or tech notice about that 1st-gear/synchronizer issue.. (shrug) I'll wait it out until failure and they CAN'T deny replacement under warranty or the recall notice shows up in the mail.

And those are the stock foglights in the bumper. They just went right in, after undoing the harness and switching left for right. Easy install, really, on the whole deal. I love plug-n-play!

Unless you do a lot of mud, big lugs suck. Bad in snow, poor life and noisy as hell. I swear by BFG ATs on my Jeep and trucks. There ain't a better snow tire in my opinion.

I have BFG AT KOs on both my Cherokee and my Durango. Great tires. I don't think they are best pure snow tire, but a great tire nonetheless. My wife's Durango has very low tread now, and they still seem to grip the road like crazy. I was going to replace at first snow, but the were good enough to make me want to wait until we recover from the Holidays now.

Love the winch too. I know a couple of people who would love to have one on their Wranglers.

I like the color... but I am biased. Here is mine:

Sorry for the mall crawler type shots, but they are the only ones since my latest mods. I'll be taking her out to the Rausch Creek ORV park for first time this year (went plenty when I was more "stock") on April 3.

It's locked front and rear on rubi D44 axles, and re-geared to 5.13, bunch of skids underneath and on the diffs, but almost everything else you can see from the pics! It's 3.5" of lift and 35x12.5x17 BFG KM2s. :)

IMG_4228.JPG

DSC_0333.jpg

DSC_0289.jpg

DSC_0288.jpg

Tube_Doors_2.jpg

Locker switches - pardon the crud:

IMG_42271.JPG

Unless you do a lot of mud, big lugs suck. Bad in snow, poor life and noisy as hell. I swear by BFG ATs on my Jeep and trucks. There ain't a better snow tire in my opinion.

Going to have to disagree with this statement, whole heartedly...

I ran 32" BFG KM mud terrains for 20k miles before I upgraded and they were not loud at all. Probably actually quieter than my brothers BFG AT KOs that were fairly worn. Also, handled snow like a champ in PA this winter (ice another story - but what tire is good in ice?) and we had a lot of it... I got rid of them to get 35s and they still had at least 50-60% tread left (read: you could get 45k out of them or so).

Now, I've switched to the 35" BFG KM2, and honestly, I think these are going to be even better. I've only got 600 miles on them, but they are quieter than and have better road manners than the regular KMs in rain.

Pricey, but that's what you get for a 35" MT with good road manners and low noise...

The BFG AT KO is a great tire, not doubting that, just saying that 'mud tires' have come a longgg way since the 'olden days' and if you pay for a good one (BFG KM2, Goodyear MTR, Cooper STT), they will work just fine on-road as well.

This is how mine looks now.

The new tires do a great job of painting the sides with mud. :rockin:

Jeepnow.jpg

jeep dirty.jpg

OooooOOOOOooo...nice outfitting, RoaringBrewer! I do like me a tall Jeep! The lights are especially dandy.

Aren't Jeeps just the tits?

This is how mine looks now.

The new tires do a great job of painting the sides with mud. :rockin:

Looking good McKBrew... I saw you jump in the Rubi v. Modded X post over on JF. LOL.

Now I remember why I stick to JK-Forum, moreso that JeepForum. Their both great, but some of the characters over there on JF are laughable.

Back