New IC chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkleaf

Reaction score
I'm a new brewer, with four batches under my belt, and a first time poster here. I'm going to try BIAB next (before I fully invest in AG brewing). I just wanted to share my new chiller with you, because my friend, who helped with the construction, and I used this site for for guidance. It has about 50 feet worth of copper coils. There are 5 individual coils that are connected to the 2 main lines. We used this yesterday for the first time and it worked well.

mail-1.jpg

Ha, that is insane! I'll be curious to see how the separate coils help you out. On the one hand the coil at the bottom should cool everything off faster as the warm wort rises to the top, but having a separate coil at the top should put your coldest water right at that point. The only thing I'd worry is if the flow of water is the same through all the coils so that all the water doesn't rush past the higher coils and just run through the bottom coil. How fast were you able to cool down the batch you used it on?

Back