New homebrewer in Toronto area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctalbot

Reaction score
Hi, everyone.

I just joined HomeBrewTalk after searching around for a homebrewing discussion forum.

I live in Ajax, Ontario, which is a suburb just east of Toronto. I'm very new to homebrewing. I only brewed up my first extract brew (Coopers' Irish Stout) about two weeks ago, so I'm still waiting to see whether I messed it up or not. ;)

My homebrewing interests mainly lie in beer and (to a lesser extent) mead, but I might also slip into home winemaking at some point.

Chris

Welcome fellow Canuck! :mug: I'm from just down the 401 in Guelph. I've started doing some of the wine kits myself recently, mostly to appease my sister. I find it kinda boring but at least it doesn't take much time. Brewing is where the real fun is (well that and drinking :D).

Yup definitely quick. Pretty much just sanitize your primary, pour in the juice and pitch your yeast. I'm sure if you're making it from actual grapes and/or fresh unpasteurized juice it's a lot more complicated but I find the kits sufficient and the wine they produce has been excellent so far.

Latest posts

Back