New Homebrew Supply Store in Louisville, KY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy all. My name is Paul - I'm getting close to opening a new homebrew beer supply store in the Downtown/Highlands. Look for our ads coming soon in LEO and posters and flyers around town. We will have competitive prices and HOPS!!! We will have at least 20 varieties upon opening.

Questions/Comments please write to [email protected]

Thanks - See y'all soon

MY OLD KENTUCKY HOMEBREW

keep me updated, do you happen to have a location yet?

If you are interested in a web site let me know. I'm getting ready to start advertising 4.00 a month hosting for brew clubs, bars, breweries, and homebrew shops. Lemme know.

We are hoping to open in February or March. Still looking for a location, but am very interested in the shop on the corner of Story and Adams. I am putting together an email list and will be sending out newsletters as we get closer to opening. If anyone has special ingredients or requests let me know as soon as you can. We will be teaching new brewer classes and really making an attempt to get as many people brewing as we can.

Write me to let me know you are out there!

[email protected]

Keep me informed as i am in Louisville during the week and will purchase goods from your business.

Sent an email haven't hear anything back. Just curious as to when you guys are opening the doors.

Any updates on your opening day? I'll be needing some yeast, malt, barley, hops and clear water!

i got to meet paul at the last LAGERS meeting, seems like an awesome guy, and SCARYLARRY if you PM i'll forward you the mass email/flier i got from them last week. Plus and this is just awesome, they are within walking distance of my office! this can not be good for my bank account.

Congrats on opening the new store!

You may want to consider paying for a Vendor membership here so that you can do a bit of promotion of sales or specials, etc. This place gives you instant access to thousands of homebrewers who really know their stuff and aren't afraid to tell you what they think.

So...............................Did this place open? Have not heard a thing more about this place. Sent them an email a while back and got no response. Hum wonder how the customer service is?????

I drove by the other day...didn't appear to be open, but very nice looking from the outside.

When you guys opening? I'm still going to Westport Rd and various Liquor Barns.

Let us know so we can give you our money!

Awesome. I'm from Louisville and go back from time to time. I'm interested as to what the prices will be like.

Yeah went by Saturday and they are not open yet. A little note on the door saying they had some issues. I was looking forward to this store opening but I've emailed this guy twice and no reply. Come on man I know your probably busy working out kinks but post something or email potential customers back and let them know whats up so I don't waste a drive there.

i got an update from Paul at the last LAGERS meeting, the city was suppose to get some stuff worked out a few weeks back, but they were hoping it have it up and running this week or next. i work right by there and on my way back from lunch today i saw lights on the inside and a AT&T truck outside. i didn't see the front of the store, but i dont think its open. The owner made a point that he'd send out another email when it opens. i'm on the mailing list, so SCARYLARRY if you want me to send you a PM when i hear something i will.

I have been chatting with Paul and pre-ordering. The opening is supposed to be THIS Friday (27th). I'll be picking up some bulk 2-row to give them a good start.

They were supposed to get all the supplies today!

sweet! i saw a bunch of people inside the store today, looked like they were setting stuff up. is it bad to have a homebrew shop within walking distance of where i work?

just got an email from paul, ITS OPEN as of about 15 minutes ago.

sweet! i saw a bunch of people inside the store today, looked like they were setting stuff up. is it bad to have a homebrew shop within walking distance of where i work?
No. Are you hiring:)
I've been waiting for this! I am dropping by after work today to pick up some supplies for the weekend :)

:mug:

cool. last i heard, the opening was delayed. it is officially open now? i haven't heard from paul since the 14th.

i'm in the same boat as you, evan. it's within a few blocks of me, and on my way home from work. if it is open now, i'll be stopping by this afternoon. damnit. and i didn't bring my list with me.

cool. last i heard, the opening was delayed. it is officially open now? i haven't heard from paul since the 14th.

i'm in the same boat as you, evan. it's within a few blocks of me, and on my way home from work. if it is open now, i'll be stopping by this afternoon. damnit. and i didn't bring my list with me.

its officially open picked up two kegs, and quick disconnects and some WLP002 yeast. he has a TON of different hops there.

Nope, I have one within walking distance to, it's great!

Great store. Stopped in Saturday and talked with Paul for a while. He really knows his stuff. Glad to have this store in Louisville!

My Old Kentucky Homebrew is open for business! Louisville brewers should be sure to check it out. Paul's a friendly, approachable guy, too. Don't be afraid to ask questions and stuff--even noob ones like mine!

Back