New here... Thanks for your support!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeperks

Reaction score
This is my first post. I haven't actually asked any questions yet, but I've lurked and I've searched and I've read and I've digested. I've even put some things I've read here into practice, so I wanted to post to say thank you for taking part in such a lively and informative forum, which has really helped me on my way to my first brew!

From the outset I decided I wanted to skip extract and go straight in for all-grain, but using brew in a bag with a small 14 litre (3 gallon) batch on my stove in the kitchen. It's been in the fermenter for five and a half days and I've just drawn a sample to check the gravity... but really because I wanted to drink the contents of the trial jar! I've brewed a fairly standard amber ale using Cascade and Citra. OG 1.054, FG 1.012 (assuming there's nothing left in there to ferment). It's lovely and clear and even at this young age it tastes great! I'm going to leave it in there for a couple more weeks, dry hop and then bottle. Hopefully I'll be cracking a couple of these to see in New Year, along with a shed load of rare beery exotica that I'll be buying purely for research purposes of course!

So thanks again for all your help, I'll be sticking around :)

This is a great place to learn and I've found everyone very helpful. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will help :)

The great thing is that any questions I've had so far have been asked and replied to in detail already, so all I've had to do is search and read :)

Back