New Guy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello gang,

I recently started brewing about 3 months ago. I started with a 1 gallon all grain beer kit from Brooklyn brew shop. After my first batch, I naturally wanted to brew more. They were out of my kit so I decided to pay a visit to my LHBS. :ban:

And so It started. I was a bartender for many years and had my share of beers, good and bad. Currently, I have 20 gallons fermenting and 5 gal of an IPA (not my best work) on tap. I think I have corrected my initial issues with mash temps, and am hitting all my numbers with stride.

Current set-up includes a turkey fryer kit (picked up for 40 bucks after Thanksgiving) burner and 7.5 gal al. kettle. I had a big cooler sitting around I used form my HLT and purchased a 10 gal Igloo for the mash tun.

My buddy had an old kegerator he wasn't using, including 2 gas tanks. Currently saving Grolsch bottles for some bottled gifts. :rocking:

Anyway, I have been lurking and learning here from day 1 so I wanted to say hello and thanks for the excellent forum.

It is a fantastic forum isn't it! You didn't mention what the 20 gallons fermenting is? Good luck with future brews and welcome!

It is a fantastic forum isn't it! You didn't mention what the 20 gallons fermenting is? Good luck with future brews and welcome!

Thanks for the feedback. The 20 gallons can be broken up as the following:

5 gal - West Coast Pale Ale
10 gal - "Pappys Best" - German Blonde Ale
5 gal - "Ginger" - American Red Ale

Latest posts

Back