New guy in Missouri

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobjenkins79

Reaction score
Hey y'all, my name's Bob Jenkins and I'm brewing in Jefferson City Missouri. Got a few batches under my belt and would like to meet other folks around here interested in all grain brewing.:mug:

Hi Bob, welcome to the board. I am from Lees Summit and we have a brewing club here. I know Jeff City is a ways away so hopefully you have one there as well.

I live close to the Jefferson City area... were do you buy your Supples at. I been looking for some bulk malt but i am unable to find it. :mug:

cck said:
I live close to the Jefferson City area... were do you buy your Supples at. I been looking for some bulk malt but i am unable to find it. :mug:

The only LHBS around here is only open one day a week...... for 5 hrs. So, I get most of my stuff from homebrewery.com. One time I drove to Lee's Summit to the "Home Brew Pro Shoppe", that place was really nice.

Seems like local is pretty much a pipe-dream, cuz the local guy doesn't stock much. He's really helpful w/ questions, but his entire inventory could fit inside a porta-potty.

Welcome - lots of good all-grain advice here. I went from complete novice to all-grain brewer in a couple months by reading posts and asking questions.

Welcome!

I grew up in Columbia, MO and now live in the St. Louis area. We have several home brew supply shops over here. There's also a homebrewer's club, http://www.stlbrews.org which is a great resource to meet others and talk shop. Obviously that's a bit of a haul from Jeff City, but if you're ever in town on the first Thursday of the month...

There is a group that makes bulk purchases of grains/hops/misc supplies. Prices are much better than you'd find at any retail store, but you'd have to trek over to STL when the order comes in. Even with the high price of gas I think you'd find significant savings. Ask around on the stlbrews forum for more info.

scottthorn said:
Welcome!

I grew up in Columbia, MO and now live in the St. Louis area. We have several home brew supply shops over here. There's also a homebrewer's club, http://www.stlbrews.org which is a great resource to meet others and talk shop. Obviously that's a bit of a haul from Jeff City, but if you're ever in town on the first Thursday of the month...

There is a group that makes bulk purchases of grains/hops/misc supplies. Prices are much better than you'd find at any retail store, but you'd have to trek over to STL when the order comes in. Even with the high price of gas I think you'd find significant savings. Ask around on the stlbrews forum for more info.

That sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I was looking at your group's website. Looks like you guys have got you sh-- together. Do you brew as a group? If so, I'd be very willing to make the trek to watch and learn.

bob:mug:

Back