New guy from Washington State

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceg

Reaction score
The wife and I are looking to make some good German type beers. I have my old 6 gallon bucket and a few other things from 16 years ago when I use to make home brew with my cousin. We moved away and my cousin took half of what we had. He still makes home brew but I have been busy with life until lately. We have made a few of the MR Beer batches but they arean't that close to what we are looking for. It is time to get back into making brew from scratch. The only problem is I do not have our notes from years ago and I can not remember much on how we made it. :confused:

Welcome CEG. No need for those old notes. A lot of things have changed and improved since then, most especially the information available to brewers via online and good books. Take a bit of time to read through the forums here, find your local Home Brew Store and stop by and chat with the owners on a slower day (ie not weekends) Also a good resource is John Palmers How To Brew, and he has an edition of it free online. http://www.howtobrew.com/intro.html

When you are ready and have some questions, ask away on the forum here. You should get good advice, or links to previous threads that are applicable to your question.

Cheers :mug:

Thanks for the warm welcome. This site is great. I have a lot of reading to to. It is nice to have a place to talk to others about brewing. The only people we use to talk brew with back in the day was the Home Brew Store owners.

Welcome.

That user name is strangely familiar, then I saw off-roading in you profile and without even researching any further, I'm going to assume you are the same CEG that is active on a bunch of Northwest off-roading forums.

You've probably seen my user name McKBrew on some as well.

The wife and I are looking to make some good German type beers. I have my old 6 gallon bucket and a few other things from 16 years ago when I use to make home brew with my cousin. We moved away and my cousin took half of what we had. He still makes home brew but I have been busy with life until lately. We have made a few of the MR Beer batches but they arean't that close to what we are looking for. It is time to get back into making brew from scratch. The only problem is I do not have our notes from years ago and I can not remember much on how we made it. :confused:

Hey Ceg.. I was raised in Selah and lived there from 1985-1993. I actually grew up about one mile past Wenas Lake.. I loved Selah.. Cool little town.. Small world! I am living in Colfax now. Welcome to the board!

Welcome.

That user name is strangely familiar, then I saw off-roading in you profile and without even researching any further, I'm going to assume you are the same CEG that is active on a bunch of Northwest off-roading forums.

You've probably seen my user name McKBrew on some as well.
Yes I am the same Ceg on the NW off road forums. I remember seeing your name. I own the Eastern Washington Off Road forum.

Thanks for the welcome.

Hey Ceg.. I was raised in Selah and lived there from 1985-1993. I actually grew up about one mile past Wenas Lake.. I loved Selah.. Cool little town.. Small world! I am living in Colfax now. Welcome to the board!
I just bought a house last summer on Selah Loop Road near Tibbling. Nice little town.

Thanks for the welcome.

Back