New guy from Arkansas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColdOne72019

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi to everyone. Ive only been homebrewing for about 1 1/2 years, and have only made a few batches so far. I just purchased a kegerator so hopefully I'll be brewing more in the future to keep that thing full and the beer flowing!! I look forward to the advice and recipe ideas from all of you!

Welcome. Been to Benton a few times, believe it or not!

Welcome aboard! Check into the Central Arkansas Fermenters if your into the club thing. Shoot me a PM if you like! Cheers!

My neighbor is a member of Central Arkansas Fermenters, and I have been looking into joining! I have been to a few functions that they have hosted or been involved with and have had a great time!

I'm a FNG from Cabot, AR. I've got a nut brown conditioning in the bottle and an Irish red in the fermenter. My 1st two brews.

Patstarr777 said:
I'm a FNG from Cabot, AR. I've got a nut brown conditioning in the bottle and an Irish red in the fermenter. My 1st two brews.

I've only made 3 batches myself, but its addicting! I need to get some more started very soon!

ColdOne72019 said:
I've only made 3 batches myself, but its addicting! I need to get some more started very soon!

It's alot of fun. My son (23) bought his own ingredients and fermenter and we are gonna brew his 1st batch Saturday.

It's alot of fun. My son (23) bought his own ingredients and fermenter and we are gonna brew his 1st batch Saturday.

It's a great hobby to get into! I spent all last weekend rearranging my garage to accomodate the kegerator, so hopefully I'll get a chance to get another batch going soon to fill it up! I'm sure your son will be hooked like the rest of us after this weekend!

ColdOne72019 said:
It's a great hobby to get into! I spent all last weekend rearranging my garage to accomodate the kegerator, so hopefully I'll get a chance to get another batch going soon to fill it up! I'm sure your son will be hooked like the rest of us after this weekend!

Yeah he's pumped!

Cracked open a 2nd bottle of my nut brown ale last night-1st bottle was a week ago and it was still green. The bottle last night was excellent very close to the taste I was going for. Very tasty!

Glad to hear some banter from some central AR folks! Few and far between. I believe that the forum for the central arkansas fermenters is up and going so you may drop a line there to Cheers!

DeBrewer said:
Glad to hear some banter from some central AR folks! Few and far between. I believe that the forum for the central arkansas fermenters is up and going so you may drop a line there to Cheers!

Is there a link?

Welcome aboard fellow Arkansan. I’m from Mena (Polk County) its a dry county so home brewing works great for me. :mug:

vicegrip said:
Welcome aboard fellow Arkansan. I’m from Mena (Polk County) its a dry county so home brewing works great for me. :mug:

Thanks! Living in a dry county is a pain! Makes me glad that i have some of my own in the fridge at times too!

Patstarr777 said:
Cracked open a 2nd bottle of my nut brown ale last night-1st bottle was a week ago and it was still green. The bottle last night was excellent very close to the taste I was going for. Very tasty!

Nice! Makes me even more eager to get ahold of a keg and get my beer in it!

Latest posts

Back