New Glarus Beer Vote - Get Out the Vote on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indianhead_Brewer

Reaction score
Hey HBTers:

New Glarus is continuing with their tradition of allowing fans of their beers to have some input into which of their beers get brewed next year. For those of you unfamiliar with New Glarus they have a lineup of beers that they always brew (i.e. - their well known Spotted Cow), but they also have some one offs that only come around every so often or even only once. This is where you guys/gals come in. As part of their annual vote, New Glarus gives their fans some influence as to which of the specialty beers we get to enjoy here in Wisconsin. There is one beer in particular that I would really like to see brewed next year and that is their Berliner Weiss. So please get out and vote for Berliner Weiss. What is in it for you? The pleasure knowing that you were part of the reason that I get to enjoy a tart and refreshing Berliner Weiss on a hot summer day next year.

If you are so inclined to vote please include Berliner Weiss as one of your votes. Note: My feelings also wouldn't be hurt if you voted for Dan's Best Bitter, Tail Wagger, Road Slush, and Uff-da as part of your voting process, but what is important here is Berliner Weiss

Vote early, vote often. Get me some good drinking beer.

:mug:http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/index.cfm/beers/ballot:mug:

Road Slush!!!! I was bummed when I found out it was not going to be around last winter. Also, I hope they never stop making Black Top that stuff is great!

Aha - Staghorn is on the already being brewed list. Brought a sixer of that to a tailgate at Lambeau. Should've brought a lot more because it went quickly.

The wild sour ale is amazing. I'd love to see that again.

I agree. I would definitely like to see the wild sour again next year.

Road Slush!!!! I was bummed when I found out it was not going to be around last winter. Also, I hope they never stop making Black Top that stuff is great!

Haven't had the pleasure of Road Slush, but definitely on my list of ones I would like to see this coming year. I am sort of on the fence about Black Top. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but there are other examples of this style (Black IPA/Cascadian Dark Ale/American Black Ale) that I just like a lot more. My favorite Black IPA right now is Firestone Walker Wookie Jack.....now if it weren't only 2,000 mile away.

I think Cran-bic is my favorite.

Haven't had it. I would probably be happy with just about any of their Thumbprint Series beers being brewed.......as long as the Berliner Weiss gets brewed next year. :ban:

Aha - Staghorn is on the already being brewed list. Brought a sixer of that to a tailgate at Lambeau. Should've brought a lot more because it went quickly.

Yeah, I saw that too. Since their beer schedule only goes thru August I am wondering if we are going to see Staghorn this fall.

If everyone does only one thing today VOTE BERLINER WEISS!!!!

NG Berliner has WAY to much lactic acid that makes it tart not sour, IMHO other than that it is decent. Almost every homebrewed Berliner I have had blows the commercial ones away.

The wild yeast brew was horrid. I had 30 gallons infected by that same/similar yeast and dumped it all. It is a good learning tool to know what local wild yeast infection is like.

Staghorn is my favorite NG brew and all I really ever buy anymore.

I am precooking Brats in a commercial Berliner now. YUMMY.

NG Berliner has WAY to much lactic acid that makes it tart not sour, IMHO other than that it is decent. Almost every homebrewed Berliner I have had blows the commercial ones away.

The wild yeast brew was horrid. I had 30 gallons infected by that same/similar yeast and dumped it all. It is a good learning tool to know what local wild yeast infection is like.

Staghorn is my favorite NG brew and all I really ever buy anymore.

I am precooking Brats in a commercial Berliner now. YUMMY.

Can't really comment on whether or not New Glarus Berliner Weiss is exactly to style or better or worse than other commercial examples as I've only had a couple and enjoyed them all. A homebrew version is definitely on my to do list. The thing I do like about New Glarus' version though is that it is readily available here in the northwoods, unlike other commercial examples where it's like making a pilgrimage to Mecca trying to find one to buy.

There are a few NG beers I could live without (a few of their flagships), but overall I enjoy what they offer. I am excited about Staghorn.

I will mention it again for my own selfish reasons: VOTE BERLINER WEISS!

Fat squirrel is my favorite beer of theirs that I've tried. I made a clone of that last weekend.

Voted for your Berliner too, just for you.

But the ballot thing says "Already Brewing" on Staghorn. I hope they're bringing it back!

ok.... I did vote for the weiss.....but only after i voted for 4 of my other favorites: Cherry stout, serendipity, Belgian red, wild sour.....

Report back. I am ready riot over "No Staghorn".

OK you guys were starting to scare me with the "No Staghorn" talk, enough so I actually had to go back to the voting page to look again. I would surmise from what I saw that Staghorn will be in our future. In the list they have the four beers that they tagged "Already Brewing" - Spotted Cow, Moon Man, Totally Naked, and Staghorn. From the look of it they made the executive decision to bring us some Oktoberfest.....now the rest is up to us.

ok.... I did vote for the weiss.....but only after i voted for 4 of my other favorites: Cherry stout, serendipity, Belgian red, wild sour.....

Yes, Berliner Weiss FTW!!!

Keep on voting people and bring Wisconsin some Berliner Weiss.....and some other beers if you want. Just remember Berliner Weiss is the most important. :cool:

http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/index.cfm/beers/ballot

Staghorn is a fall seasonal they make every year.

Also, sorry but there was no way I was voting for Berliner Weiss. I already had more than 5 I wanted to vote for.

Staghorn is a fall seasonal they make every year.

Living just outside of New Glarus, I am well aware of that. But they have also recently discontinued Fat Squirrel which was a staple of theirs for years. Part of me wouldn't be surprised if they retired Staghorn and had another German fest beer up their sleeve though.

I went for some the NG beers that I haven't had, like that Strawberry Rhubarb. That appealed to my sense of adventure.

Look what I found this morning:)

new glarus.jpg

I placed my vote today, but sadly for you none of them were a sour of any kind. I really dont know how you you can drink that stuff. I'm going to be up that way in a week and plan on bring back a few sixer's

Yokel.

Glad to see the berliner is back, need to go and get some of that along with the wild sour.

Hopefully serendipity makes a return. I thought that was pretty good as well. (Haven't done research to see if it will or not).

Oh. .. And their sour Brown enigma, that was awesome.

Black Wheat is excellent, especially on tap at the Glarner Stube. A reallly smooth, low hop, crisp black beer. I not really sure what the style actually is, sort of a German Black Lager/Dunkelwiezen hybrid.

This is what it much be like to vote green party.

Come on, everyone get voting on their barley wines, quad/tripels.

Look what I found this morning:)

Yes, this is exactly the kind of spirit I like to see. Reminds me I need to go by the store and pick up more.

This is what it much be like to vote green party.

Come on, everyone get voting on their barley wines, quad/tripels.

I am down for almost anything else as long as I get my Berliner Weiss next summer. I did vote for some Tailwagger to make an appearance. In the end though isn't it my selfish love of Berliner Weiss that is most important here?

Went to pick n save earlier for stuff and saw Staghorn on the shelves. Feeling like fall already.

Latest posts

Back