New girl on the block!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suemorris

Reaction score
hi everyone:) i'm a 1st timer of homebrewing..ive already done a homemade rose wine which turned out great,i'm on to my 2nd try now which is some sort of chardonnay and i'm also fermenting a barley wine,i was just wondering if anyone could advise me on what sort of bottle's or keg's are the best to keep barley wine in? thanking you in advance :):tank:

Browns or post-mix Cornelius kegs. Not sure if they do the latter in England or not. They are an older system for soda fountain packaging.

New girl on the block!

*looking over sunglasses* hellooooo... how you doin'?

Sorry, just had to do that. Welcome!

Brown bottles without twist-off tops are the ones you want to go for to bottle your barley wine and as Gila says, Cornelius (corny) kegs are what most homebrewers use if they choose to keg their beer. There's a whole section of the forum here devoted to kegging and it has stickies at the top with tons of info on hour to start.

thats a great help thank you very much,i'll do a search to see if anyone stock's them near me :)

20090704_153347_useless_thread-.jpg

:D :D

if you have a wilkinsons closer than a homebrew shop then they sell packs of 6 brown bottles n caps to boot

if you have a wilkinsons closer than a homebrew shop then they sell packs of 6 brown bottles n caps to boot

If you don't want to pay for the bottles I just throw used beer bottles in some warm water with oxy-clean. Start 'em in the morning and the labels are falling off by the evening. :) Saves a wee bit of cash.

I have 130+ empty ones now. It's getting out of hand. lol

If you don't want to pay for the bottles I just throw used beer bottles in some warm water with oxy-clean. Start 'em in the morning and the labels are falling off by the evening. :) Saves a wee bit of cash.

I have 130+ empty ones now. It's getting out of hand. lol

lol yeah me too, but i only started savin em when i started homebrewing so i needed a booster supply to get me going :)

Over the years, I've collected about 600 bottles. I'd say well over half of them are empty at the moment. And I'm just now starting to keg. First batch goes in the corny in about a two weeks.

Latest posts

Back