New from WI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowcreekWI

Reaction score
Brewing with extract since 2010, Had a HomeDepot gift card for 2013 Christmas and decided spend it on a 10gal cooler for AG this winter. AG is more work but much better beer. Now I know what people mean by extract tang...

Live in Lodi WI but SnowCreek is where my cabin is in N WI where I do all my brewing, great well water and a cold basement for lager brewing and cool fermenting APA's in the summer

Mike

Welcome! Extract twang doesn't exist in every extract brew but I do love all grain brewing.

thanks-

i always thought I was immune from twangy beer with extract but tonight's lager taste test proved me wrong

I had a Urq clone #2 (my last extract) and Urq clone #3 (1st AG), all the same except the malt starting point. #2 was OK, #3 was really good, even by the wife standard. No hiding in those lagers.

Mike

Welcome! Originally from Hayward...still have family there. Love that part of the world and plan on settling back down there someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Welcome to the site, almost too much information on here... awesome place to keep you busy for a very long time.
I'm orig from Waukesha. All my family is in SE WI. Navy moved my away and after 22 years ended in the Norfolk, VA area. Kids finishing high school and getting into college so maybe some day I will make it back. If my brother had his way I would already be there.

watching the Milwaukee Brewers (who else?) beat up on the AZ D-backs. Just finished an Urg#1 homebrew. I usually make 3 or 4 lagers during the winter season. Lagers get numbers on the caps, ales get letters, so I have #1, #2 and #3 Urqs in the beer fridge, S for Sierra Pale Ale and D for Dead Ringer or Bell's 2 Hearted. Yesterday I planted 6 Cascade rhizomes, but after smelling the aroma from Centennial in the Dead Ringer wished I did those. I have 2 Sterlings that will be 3 years old but they have not done much since they only get half days sunshine being on an eastern slope

Back