New from Western NY - Rochester area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joed15

Reaction score
Hello and thanks to the members and staff of HBT for the wealth of information available for home brewing. I've been interested in home brewing for years but always had issues with temperature control and general process knowledge available. With help form previous and future threads here on HTB I believe I can add home brewing to our family hobbies as both my wife and son have shown interest in brewing. Last weekend my wife and I brewed up a batch of BB (Brewer's Best) English Pale Ale. To get our process and techniques down we brewed a second batch of the same, this time with my son. The temperature currently in the house is close to fermentation temperature and we have been able to keep it within a few degrees of 65. We do not have central air and I do not want to be carting carboys to the basement. I am currently using a swamp cooler to control temps and have an NTC 1000 on the way. Next order of business is to find a chest freezer to use with the NTC and we should be ready to start a pipeline and progress further into home brewing.

Welcome from a fellow Rochester area brewer. You have come to the right place. There is a wealth of knowledge here. If you stick with it these guys will quickly have you brewing great beer.

Thank you CBK. It's nice to see another member from Rochester. I'm determined to get brewing good beer and have seen how great this forum is in assisting members achieve great brew. I just need to work through some budget constraints to get a brew chamber that doesn't need monitoring and get a good batch or two and I'll be on my journey improving the quality. While I see ag in my future the family decided that using extract brewing or partial mashes is the short term way to go w/ lots of DIY to get to ag. The DIY part is great for father and son projects and brewing my first two extract kits has turned into a family event which is great!

Back