New From Upstate NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renegade

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new here from upstate NY, just upgraded this weekend
from a Mr. Beer kit that I've been using for the last year to a 5 gallon system.

I bought a new 20 quart stainless brew kettle and a 5 & 6 gallon better bottle.
I have one more kit left for my Mr. Beer system which I plan to brew in the next couple of weeks.

Then I'm moving on to my full 5 gallon system with partial mash brew kits
and selling my Mr. beer kit.

So pull up a seat and get ready to make some beer :tank:

Welcome. I'm in Upper Jay in the Adirondacks. Grew up just west of Rochester.

Welcome from Syracuse - and keep an eye out for the upcoming Upstate NY brew day.

Cheers!

I'm in Gloversville, and I've been brewing for years, too bad there is no brew supply or group around here..:(

There's a group of us Western MA/southern VT folks that gets together on occasion. Bit of a haul from out your way, but might be worth a drive over some day if you want to meet some HBT'ers.

My mother lives in Silver Creek on the big lake, right off the wine trail, I'm brewing up a nice Cab batch from juice from one of the wineries out there.. Sis lives 10 mins from downtown Buffalo..I get out there several times a year, it would be nice to hook up with some of the HBT'ers out there.. Plus I'm the only Bills/Sabres fan in my whole area I guess..:(

Any HBT folks from the Albany area?

I live In Cobleskill and work in albany.

Last few things I bought was from Hammersmith Homebrew in Latham. This past weekend I was in Staten island, and made the trip
down to freehold, NJ to a place called the Brewers apprentice and bought equipment.

That's where I bought my better bottles and brew pot

Hey renegade.. I'm from Albany. Just got my equipment last week.. still waiting on the propane burner and tank and I'm going to brew up the Surly Ferocious clone from Midwest supplies real soon. Hopefully I'll be able to check out the Upstate brew day too.

My mother lives in Silver Creek on the big lake, right off the wine trail, I'm brewing up a nice Cab batch from juice from one of the wineries out there.. Sis lives 10 mins from downtown Buffalo..I get out there several times a year, it would be nice to hook up with some of the HBT'ers out there.. Plus I'm the only Bills/Sabres fan in my whole area I guess..:(

Any HBT folks from the Albany area?

I have bills season tickets, it should be an interesting year!

Back