New from southwestern Illinois

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John475

Reaction score
I'm new to this did my first brew day today. Looking forward to learning about homebrewing. Been in the dairy industry for over 20 years.

Hi @John475 . Welcome to HBT and the obsession from Tennessee! Congrats on your first brew, and I'm sure you'll be doing many more. Lots of really great info here and many people more than ready to help you out. Again, welcome aboard. Ed
:mug:

Hey buddy! Welcome! I grew up about 50 miles east of you in the Salem area. I love my adopted Georgia but I'm still an Illinois boy way down inside. Hope your first brew turns out awesome! What did you brew?

Wow, I didn't know Carbondale jumped on the craft brew festival wagon. :) That's great. I went to the first Big Muddy Monster Festival in Murphysboro but then I moved and haven't made it back for another.

This would be a good event to volunteer if your new to home brewing. Gaining knowledge on how beer competitions are run is valuable information to the home brewer entering competitions.

I sent one of my barrel aged beers to be judged.

Back