New from MN

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Famou55TAR

Reaction score
Hey guys. my name is Eric. I live in Minnesota. Im looking to get in the home brewing. Its pretty much all new to this. I'm looking to get to know the ins and out of starting a home brewed beer.

you have a pretty good resource in St. Paul...Northern Brewer is one of the top homebrew shops.

Welcome to the forum & go vikes!

awesome. Yeah i check out the store yesterday. it pretty obvious that i need to do a little research before i drive right in. like the different equipment. and different stages of brewing.

Yes, welcome.... I frequent Northern Brewer often. Great store. Another great store is in Stillwater, depending on where you are at.

You don't have any Homebrew stores down there. im guessing then you do alot of online shopping. us Minnesotans know how to do it i guess. :mug:

Hey not only can you buy from NB here, but if you want to save some cash... drive a little further to St. Louis Park (west side of Minneapolis) and get your stuff from Midwest Supplies. I like them more than NB... so much so that I drive right by NB on my way to midwest....

Greetings! Lots of your questions can be found in the beginners forums. KISS is a good philosophy. It's real easy to make decent beer. And only a bit more money and care is needed to make great beer.

My best advice is to ask questions and pay attention to the answers. You won't get bad advice about brewing here (although silly answers pop up fairly often).

Check out www.howtobrew.com for the basics.

Beyond that:

1. Sanitation
2. Fermentation Temps

Those are the two big ones IMO. Work on those first and tweak the rest of the process as you go along.

Back