New foreseeable batches :-(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petep1980

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Is anyone else in the same boat? I work and go to school, and with crappy weather looming I don't see any chance I brew until the spring.

This SUCKS!!!!!

// needed to vent

Is anyone else in the same boat? I work and go to school, and with crappy weather looming I don't see any chance I brew until the spring.

This SUCKS!!!!!

// needed to vent

Why not until the spring? I know very well how busy things get when you work and go to school. But why do you have tgo wait all the way until spring? Winter is awesome to brew in. The ground water is so cold that chilling your beer is a cinch. And, maybe it's me, but I enjoy brewing in the cold rather than the heat and humidity of summer.

Not to mention,when brewing in the kitchen,the whole first floor is cosy warm & smells good! Now that's a winter warmer!!:rockin:Warms the house & soothes the soul.

unionrdr said:
Not to mention,when brewing in the kitchen,the whole first floor is cosy warm & smells good! Now that's a winter warmer!!:rockin:Warms the house & soothes the soul.

Especially when making a chocolatey, roasty sweet stout. Smells more like a bakery than a brewery!

Screw that. Its snowing in Denver and I'm milling my grains as we speak.

In the words of Nike... JUST DO IT!

Just brew in the cold? It's better than the heat. You feel like train wreck after a brew day in 115* heat. Trust me.

I'll be in the driveway this weekend. Unless there's a blizzard I'm brewin' outside!

My problem is Money is really tight right now. Have an interview Friday so hopefully a new job with more money will fix that.

This SUCKS!!!!!

// needed to vent

Lame, Just stove top brew. Better than waiting for spring. Or at least make simple drinks like mead. Takes about 40 minutes to make.

Kitchen brewing is easy. It's all i do, and great beer is a result. Until i graduate i wont be able to afford a full brew set so AG in the kitchen is perfect for me.

Here in Florida, the outdoor brewing season has finally started :) Lots of batches planned for December.

Just brew in the cold? It's better than the heat. You feel like train wreck after a brew day in 115* heat. Trust me.
I'm with you there. I brewed in my garage in September and it was 120F in my garage BEFORE I fired up the propane burners. I positively love brewing in the fall, winter and early spring. It's like barbecuing-I'd much rather be slaving over a hot grill in 35F weather than 105F.

I want to brew but I am running out of room in my house to store bottles. I guess it's not a bad problem to have but I'd sure like to take a break from school and enjoy a solid brew day.

I want to brew but I am running out of room in my house to store bottles. I guess it's not a bad problem to have but I'd sure like to take a break from school and enjoy a solid brew day.

Kegs take up less space than bottles. Just sayin'...

Brewing in the cold takes too long.

I am not allowed to bring indoors a ordered by SWMBO.

If you make a mead all you do is heat water on the stove add some honey, cool and pitch. Its very basic. Just do one a gallon batches. You could always add stuff to change up the flavors. Doesnt take to much time to mix together. Or you can make apple pie drink, 1 gallon apple juice, 1 gallon apple cider, 7 sticks of cinnamon, 2 cups sugar bring to a small boil, cool, and toss in a fifth of grain alcohol like everclear :rockin:. It's kinda of a brew plus your wife would enjoy the aroma of hot cider plus it makes a great drink.

*Side note* I keep seeing SWMBO or something along those lines. What does that mean?

Back