New Fermenting Bucket with Sample Spigot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok you guys I really dont know why this isn't on the market yet. But my guess is it isn't going to take long for every store in the nation to have them on their shelves. We have been selling them like crazy in the store. So many want to take samples but don't want to open the lid. Cant say as I blame them. You can add a filter to the top if your worried about the air being drawn in while you take your sample. Check it out. You can build your own with a simple drill bit, bucket and spigot. or hit the site and add to your cart...

Here it is Let me know what you think.

Cheers
Jay

mines got a spigot on it , but its about 1" off the bottom. i basically put it on so i dont have to siphon anymore. i do take samples through it though

I never thought about this. It is a great idea. What kind of filter are you thinking about on top?

I don't see any advantage to this over a bottling bucket. Sorry.

Ohh dont be sorry BigJack

the advantage is when you (and I for years) used a bottling bucket as a primarry there is a BOATLOAD of yeast and trub in the bottom of the bucket that comes out when I tried to get samples. This way the yeast in on the bottom and you can pull from the middle where it is clear beer. Thats all.

Cheers
Jay

Let me ask the crazy question, how do i get the wort out of the bucket below 3 gallons? Siphon? Personally, all my brew buckets have spigots as I can't seem to keep a siphon going.

Yes most siphon, some do use a "bottling bucket" for fermenting as I did for years. This is not to transfer, this is not to bottle or any of that. Simply put there if your one of those people that want to take a sample for testing, maybe a Hydro sample from time to time throughout the ferment while your beer is in the bucket.

Cheers
Jay

Latest posts

Back