New Deep East Texas Home Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D_Struct

Reaction score
Well, since this is the place to make introductions, I thought I would say hello to everyone.

I had always thought of home brewing as something I'd love to do "someday". I think anyone that drinks beer has, at one point or another, said "Wouldn't it be awesome to brew my own beer?"

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine called me and said that he was starting to get into the hobby, and I took this as a sign that it was time for "someday" to become "today."

I picked up all my essentials from Austin Home Brew, along with a Celis extract recipe.

I cooked my first batch last night, and I'm already seeing bubbling 12 hours later. I'm incredibly stoked about this venture, and I've already got plans for two or three of my next batches in mind. I think I'm going to go with a double chocolate, and, for the summer, I'll be doing a lawnmower variety.

I appreciate everyone's time and input on here, and, hopefully, I'll be able to add a little experience to the years of knowhow already assembled here.

Welcome. I have a batch of the Austin Homebrew Double Chocolate Stout that should be bottle carbed by now. I'll be trying it soon.

Welcome. I have a batch of the Austin Homebrew Double Chocolate Stout that should be bottle carbed by now. I'll be trying it soon.

You'll definitely have to tell me how that turns out.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to hook up a batch of a Young's Winter Warmer clone in the last part of the summer so it'll be ready to go by late fall.

Welcome, from a transplanted Texan!

I'm getting back into the hobby after a several year lapse. This forum is a great resourcce, though it has influenced me to jump straight into AG and spend WAY more money than I would have previously liked. ;) BEWARE!

Back