New Brewing Site Idea... Need Opinions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandyKlein

Reaction score
I'm thinking of starting a user maintained comprehensive brewing guide site. It would basically be a wiki for brewing. I think we could put together a really good brewing guide for the public domain. I don't think there is anything similar on the web. The advantage of the site is that it would be community maintained, and hopefully more up to date than any brewing book. Also, it would be free for anyone that wanted it. So it would be a great way for beginning brewers to introduce themselves.

Here are some questions I have...
  1. Would you use a site like this?
  2. Would you ever contribute to a site like this?
  3. Any suggestions, ideas, wisecracks?

If you really like the idea, and you're interested in collaborating with me on this, then message me. I'm good on the technical side of things, but not so good writing & brewing (i'm a complete amateur brewer). I could definitely use someone to help get some initial content up.

I'm thinking of starting a user maintained comprehensive brewing guide site. It would basically be a wiki for brewing. I think we could put together a really good brewing guide for the public domain. I don't think there is anything similar on the web. The advantage of the site is that it would be community maintained, and hopefully more up to date than any brewing book. Also, it would be free for anyone that wanted it. So it would be a great way for beginning brewers to introduce themselves.

Here are some questions I have...
  1. Would you use a site like this?
  2. Would you ever contribute to a site like this?
  3. Any suggestions, ideas, wisecracks?

If you really like the idea, and you're interested in collaborating with me on this, then message me. I'm good on the technical side of things, but not so good writing & brewing (i'm a complete amateur brewer). I could definitely use someone to help get some initial content up.

Uh, you mean, like: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Back