New Brewery Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Umm like WOW! I have no idea what any of that does but it sure looks complicated and like a lot of work and thought went into it. Very impressive.

Okay, after looking at pictures and not reading much, I only have one question. How will you get the spent grain out? Is there plans for a pneumatic grain launcher in the works?

Actually using the 1 wire probes now. I had a surge or something that killed 4 out of 8 temp probes, and 1 pressure sensor, and possibly the control board. So now I have all new stuff and still having issues.. so yea!

Actually using the 1 wire probes now. I had a surge or something that killed 4 out of 8 temp probes, and 1 pressure sensor, and possibly the control board. So now I have all new stuff and still having issues.. so yea!

Kind of makes ya want to fire up the old turkey fryer on the driveway doesn't it? Kevin helped me through my Brutus build. Great guy, Great knowledge.

Well, I am brewing my first beer today... 10 gal of Harvest ale, using my homegrown hops(centennial and cascade).
Here are some update Shots:
ROfinal.jpg

mashstarted.jpg

mashin.jpg

brewery%20as%20of%2011.11.10.jpg

Here is the the system at the the beginning of the mash.

Its still not even being close to done but at least its operational right now

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now I add the grain, and the brewery can do everything on its own from there until I have to add hops. After the hops are added it goes back in Auto pilot, until I have to open the ball valve to fill the fermenter.

Right now I add the grain, and the brewery can do everything on its own from there until I have to add hops. After the hops are added it goes back in Auto pilot, until I have to open the ball valve to fill the fermenter.

So when are you planning on automating the grain and hops additions ;)
Hops additions would be pretty cool to get done.

That is awesome!! Pardon my ignorance to your build, I glanced back but it didnt stand out to me: is this a Brutus 20 (no sparge?) or are you doing flash hot water for strike/sparge? That thing is really amazing, thats what I hope to make someday...when I grow up and get a job and all that fun stuff.

So when are you planning on automating the grain and hops additions ;)
Hops additions would be pretty cool to get done.

Like this? Same guy, different forums:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/automatic-pellet-hop-dropper-128139/

http://www.brewtroller.com/forum/showthread.php?t=663

Thanks Guys!

Scored some SS sheet for free today from a friend, so I put it to use and made a "valve" cover:
DSC_5263%20%28680x1024%29.jpg

I also got my beer poster up with all the quick little things you need on brewday:
DSC_5264%20%28680x1024%29.jpg

Finally an overall of the brewery today 2/3/11:
DSC_5261%20%28680x1024%29.jpg

Bryan

That is probably the coolest thing I have ever seen. Props on the ground up build. I wouldn't even know where to start on one of the components... let alone the whole build. That looks like a profesional job from start to finish. I am beyond impressed. :mug:

Hey rabeb25 - I came across a post of yours over on the ECC forum for your BCS-460 programming on your strike/sparge and boil processes, but the pictures do not show anymore. I was curious if you still had them?

1- you obviously do well for yourself.
2- that is one awesome brewery.
3- jealousy is just the tip of the iceberg.
Bravo, well done.

I see you've got a motor on top of one of the tuns...is that to stir the mash?...and if so what type of motor is it? Ive been looking to motorize a stir arm on my mash tun, but dont know where to find a proper motor for it.
thanks

Do you keep any bulk grain on hand? i'd love to see what that looks liek as well :) great job on the brewery! i'm a lil jealous ;)

I like how everything is simple and basic. k.i.s.s. Can't wait 'till you open the secret door to the 'stillery/barrel room! Very nice job and attention to detail.

Thanks guys!

I am just a normal guy who likes to tinker and bargain.

Bulk malt... not too much ;)
malt.jpg

Hey rabeb25 - I came across a post of yours over on the ECC forum for your BCS-460 programming on your strike/sparge and boil processes, but the pictures do not show anymore. I was curious if you still had them?

No, sorry I don't.

Looks great ..

Question - how do you clean up the pots after brewing, and is there a floor drain ?

I use a CIP cycle and suck all the water out with a shop vac. Yes there is a floor drain behind the doors.

I see you've got a motor on top of one of the tuns...is that to stir the mash?...and if so what type of motor is it? Ive been looking to motorize a stir arm on my mash tun, but dont know where to find a proper motor for it.
thanks

Nope, its a motor to stir the HLT water.

Well I have been getting pestered to upload some videos to youtube on how this thing works.. so here it is.. super corny and all!
Part 1

Part 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Rabeb, I've been flowing this build from the start and I was excited to see this thing in action! WOW talk about High speed! Well done sir well done!

Not only the most amazing homebrew setup I've seen, but some of the best engineering and craftsmanship I've seen for any hobby project!

pretty crappy.

j/k, this thread was like reading a book I couldn't put down, WOW, tight! You should just build your own full scale brewery! Thanks for posting all your efforts, definitely got a lot out of it, namely Jealousy. Ahh back to reality...

Very Very Cool man

Do you ever have any problems with the pump with hard plumbing? Is the pump a self-priming pump?

Nope no problems, and nope its not. Its basically a march pump on crack, with a center inlet.

First off looks great. One question. As for doing electric vrewing. Hve u figured out how much it cost to run ur setup during a brew day.

First off looks great. One question. As for doing electric vrewing. Hve u figured out how much it cost to run ur setup during a brew day.

Not exactly, but my guess, is somewhere around $5.

Bryan

I just watched your videos. Is the bag a paint bag for the hops? Is it all you use to filter the hops from the wort? Do you have an clogging issues with the plate chiller? Do you have the boiling wort going to the chiller or pump first?

Yup, and Yup. No, no clogging issues. It leaves the kettle, hits the pump, then chiller.

Bryan

Back