New Brewery Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I'm still at a loss for why you scrapped the mini-walk-in? Why not get a higher btu unit? I think you may come to regret not having that space......it's definitely a valuable thing. Plus, you could sell it as a wine cellar if you ever move. Definitely a huge selling point.

Yea, a bigger unit is in the works. I really like the idea of the mini walk in.

I got my sight glasses from St. Pats.

Yup the blue pieces are motorized ball valves.

Updates:
Ceiling is sprayed:
sprayed.jpg

Sand Tomorrow, Paint and tile (hopefully Sunday)
Bryan

Sucks California homes don't have basements...maybe SWMBO will let me convert the spare bedroom into a brewery...maybe not.:(

Great work, looks awesome!!!:mug:

Updates for today, drywall is sanded, half of the wall tile is up, paint was picked out. I also got around to a test fit of everything.

"Nook" Tile:
backsplash.jpg

Test Fit:
testfit.jpg

Since its fathers day tomorrow, I think thats all she wrote for this weekend(but don't hold me to that :) )

Bryan

Update for today and last of this weekend. Worked about 4-5 hours on it today and got some more of the wall tile up, trim up, and bi-fold doors in. Have about 4 or so hours left of laying tile, then a few hours of grout. You should see some paint on the walls sometime this week also.

Bifolds in:
bifolds.jpg

Brewery as Of today 6/20:
walltilestart.jpg

Bryan

Isn't it INSANE the amount of time a project can take. Recently scraped popcorn celing from about 300-400 square feet and hung 130 feet of crown molding. Painted walls, etc... I thought I could get it done in a few long days....... LOL!!! Yeah right... SWEET build man. I love the work and can appreciate the hours spent pouring love into your project. Hopefully sooner than later your project will be pouring beer into your glass! Cheers!!! :mug:

I got a question for you Rabeb, It looks like you built the walls over an existing electrical panel.
brewerywall.jpg

If you did, how are you ever going to get to it?

Also NEC code requires a working space 36"x30" in front of all panels. (110.26(a))

Actually The pictures are deceiving there is a knee wall 8"deep, and the wall that insets is about 6 inches in front of that. BUT, I actually rewired the whole house and moved the panel over one stud bay to the right, which gives me my access.

Updates for this week so far. Got it painted, and got all the tile up, and got the hood wired and ducted. I plan to grout this weekend, finish some trim work, and put in the inceiling speakers and volume control. I hope to be done with the room by the weekend of the 4th of july. Then I can actually start working on the brew system.

Paint and tile pictures:
paintfar.jpg

paintcorner.jpg

Bryan

It looks sweet! I don't know how you have the time to do all that in just a few weeks?

maybe a coolbot is in order for controlling the mini walkin cooler, they arent cheap, but that doesnt seem to be what you were going for anyway...lol
http://www.storeitcold.com/
I am sure you already knew it, but using something like this or something homemade like it, are the only way to get a room air conditioner down to those temps.

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

I got some more work done tonight in the brewery. Got most of the tile grouted, and got the brewery logo on the wall. I will be putzing around in there this weekend, mostly picking up stuff.

Logo on the wall:
logo.jpg

Bryan

Awsome!! I love the graphic.. nice touch.. Good designer!!

plus the site glass look like something from Back to the Future..

Nice Build!!

Well this weekend I kind of lacked motivation, so not much got done. I got almost all of the tile grouted, painted some trim, cut 6" off my table legs, and started the plumbing to the sculpture.

Picture as of today 6/27/10:
groutfinal.jpg

Well, its been slowly coming along. I think I finally have the room finished. I still have to figure out my walk-in/beer storage..still on the fence with what to do. But, I think the actually brew room is complete, now to start working on the system!

Pictures of the room

As you enter:
frontoverallalmost.jpg

Look to the left:
doorlogo.jpg

Look to the right (all utilities):
doorsfinal.jpg

backwall.jpg

Range hood complete:
hoodinside.jpg

The start of the plumbing, Auto HLT fill from the RO system:
rohltfill.jpg

Now its time to start the hard part!

Thanks
Bryan

Wowza... I like all the pics....I'm impressed. How about a little more detail about the system. The Kettles look snug against the wall. Do you think that will be an issue? what about the tile, im not super familiar with an electric system but one would assume it would put off some heat. Nice build....I will be showing SWMBO what needs to happen in our spare room...I have a feeling I will get a good chuckle from her...and the speakers....great idea.

...I will buy that hood from you for $5.00. Just PM me if you want to make a profit off of it....lol

You have done a superb job on this brewery, I'm extremely impressed! Hopefully one day I will own my own house and an indoor brewery like this one will be top of the to-do list :D

Wow I'm not sure how I missed this one, but it looks great! Can't wait to see how the rest of the build turns out.

What's the theory behind only 2 vessels? You you use 1 for a HLT/mash tun and 1 for the boil kettle? I have been thinking about that

Just worked on some of the plumbing related stuff this weekend, its a slow process(for me anyway), bending tube sucks!

Hole cut in brew stand:
hole.jpg

Plumbing Started:
plumbing2.jpg

plumbing3.jpg

plumbing4.jpg

Bryan

Latest posts

Back