New Brewer in Orlando, FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbyhughes3

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm Bobby (USMC vet, aerospace engineer) and just recently got hooked on brewing after making some Hefeweizen via a Mr. Beer Kit my wife bought me for my birthday. I'm currently researching what kind of set up I'd like to buy to start brewing some popular recipes. My goal is small, 1 gallon batches at first until I gain more confidence (and can show my wife I'm serious and I need the spare room for brewing beer, not a dog bedroom) and then ultimately I'd like to move up into kegging the beer to supply our home bar.

I'm sure it's in the forums (that I have yet to search through, will be doing so tonight) but does anyone recommend joining the AHA? I'd like to go to some home brewing competitions and that seems the way to go, but I'm just asking out loud. I have a ton of questions and I'm sure y'all will see them in my future posts.

Cheers

Welcome Bobby (thank you for your service). The threads are full of answers for any questions you might have and if you cant find an answer, just ask. tons of people in here with loads of info :mug:

Welcome to the community. Yes joining the AHA is a great place to learn tons about brewing, competitions and judging. I agree with previous post who mentioned your two local clubs. Participating in clubs offer beer related experiences not found elsewhere. Additionally there are several clubs around Central and North Florida. Not to mention Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties. I've had tons of fun participating in Sunshine State Competitions. I'm from the Panhandle.

Back