New Brewer from Salisbury, MD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pecafaced

Reaction score
Hey Everyone! Long time drinker of beer, first time brewer! I've always had an interest in brewing beer, so I received one of those Mr. Beer starter kits for Christmas from my wife..not sure what to expect, but interesting way to get started. I am currently reading the "How To Brew..." book by John Palmer to gain a more knowledge about the subject and hopefully improve my skills. The more I read the more I wonder if the Mr. Beer batch I threw together is going to turn out all right. I followed the directions and the book says to do everything different, so I guess we'll see. I'm looking forward to getting started with the real deal soon.

From one MD brewer to another, welcome :D There are two good Home Brew Stores over the bridge, Annapolis Home Brew http://www.annapolishomebrew.com/ North of Route 50 on Rt 2N, and Maryland Home Brew http://www.mdhb.com/ near Columbia... not sure if there are any on your side of the bridge...
If you need advice this forum is closer than either of those places but if you want to see some beer equipment they are good places to go..

Good luck, hope everything turns out well with your Mr. Brewthingy

Welcome from Bel Air! Many people have started in the hobby with Mr. Beer. You're on the right track reading Palmer's book. It's a great resource, as is this forum.

About the "mistakes" you think you made, RDWHAHB, you're making beer! :ban:

Thanks for the welcoming! And thank you for the web sites, I'll definitely take advantage of it. I think I may have found a brew shop here on the Eastern Shore in Crisfield so I'll have to go visit them and try to get some information, plus there are a few breweries around here including Dogfish head, so we'll see. Thanks again for the information.

Welcome aboard, I only have a couple batches under my belt and I basically followed the directions on the kit and had great results. You should check out a homebrew store and check out the equipment. I plan to stick with ales for a while. They seem like the easiest to work with and I have not messed one up yet. I only do primary fermentation and it comes out pretty darn good. If the place on the shore doesn’t pan out check out Annapolis home brew. They are only about 2.5 hours away from Salisbury.

Welcome. I second the recommendation for Annapolis Home Brew. Great shop and they know what they are doing. Not necessarily the cheapest, but they know their stuff and are at least reasonably priced.

Welcome from just up the road. There's always Delmarva Brewing Craft near Millsboro, DE... should only be maybe 30 min. drive from Salisbury. Only open on Saturdays, but the owner is knowledgeable, nice, and dedicated to brewing... oh and tax-free of course!

Back